Chapter 29

Alas, 27th March. The day Sakura Haruno could very possibly kill her own blood. The sun had just rose above the horizon, sheer and warm rays entering the curtains of their room. The pinkette had long been awake and decided to walk around town, shrugging off the lecture she would receive from her teammates.

She couldn't sleep.

Not after seeing those pair of emerald eyes.

Sigh.

She ended up on the doorsteps of Pink Blossom Palace.

Did father know about this place? Was that why he was anxious that I came here? She asked herself.

If she goes in, she might just find her answer. But she was terrified. If a Haruno is her target, would she be able to execute her mission properly? She wouldn't forgive herself if she killed her own family; she wouldn't forgive herself for not performing well as a responsible kunoichi. What would she do if she finds out the truth? What should she do?

Sakura breathed a shaky breath, clenching her fists as it began to tremble. She squeezed her eyes tightly as the tip of her nose began to turn red from the heat that was rising to her eyes. Tears gathered in the corners of her eyes and spun on her heels. When she did, she met a pair of onyx eyes. Those eyes which she had missed and grew to hate, especially their first encounter after he left the village.

Her features rid of the warmth and her eyes were replaced with a glare. Her senses were heightened, in case he came here with an ally.

"Itachi." Cold.

The said man stared at her with his pair of emotionless eyes. It did not portray a single emotion, who knew what he had in mind. But one thing was for sure, and that she doesn't know, he did not expect her presence here.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, straight to the point.

She gritted her teeth and growled, "What are you doing here?"

She shouldn't be here. Does she know? He thought as he gazed at her intently. His eyes narrowed, demanding an answer from her. This is the last place he would want her to be in.

She caught his order and reluctantly answered him. "I have a mission." She cursed at herself upping answering him. The respect she held for the Uchiha prodigy did not die down despite his participance in a criminal organisation. In truth, she should be arresting him right now.

Itachi's eyes closed as he mentally sighed at her answer. She was still clueless, and he could never have been more glad. Now that she's here, it would not be possible for him to kill her. However, he wouldn't leave. Perhaps he could wait until she exits the village.

The pinkette's eyebrow raised, suggesting him to answer her question.

He was quiet. Unwilling to share his purpose.

"You have grown." He suddenly said, taking in her appearance and remembering the younger version of her before he left the village.

Left. He would never betray his village.

Her hair grew, as luscious as ever. Her emerald eyes that twinkled, but held so much disappointment towards him. Her fringe framing her face and her features seemed more prominent. Her attire was not as feminine as before, but it looked much more comfortable to fight in. The sword behind her back made him proud, it made her look stronger. His days training her did not go to waste.

The pink adolescent he was observing grew flustered, hearing his random comment. It caught her completely off-guard.

She hated him. That's what she thought, but seeing him made her heart warm. He was the brother figure she had always wanted and she was the sister he never had. They loved each other and in fact, they still do. Although, she was not exactly willing to admit that.