CHAPTER 15

Emma's POV:

How is Emma...Asher? Does she still get the nightmares? How I miss her screams while torturing her.

From

The one in her nightmares

-K

My hands trembled seeing the note and I lost my balance but luckily Asher held me in time.

"Emma!" I heard him calling me but the words I read kept repeating in my mind.

I regained my senses when I realised he made me sit on the couch and I am still trembling.

I looked at him who is sitting in front of me holding my hands and giving it a gentle squeeze in a way with reassurance that he is there for me.

"Emma I think we should call your parents and ask them about this" Asher said looking at me for my opinion.

I nodded and he got up to call them.

I never knew that someone else was responsible for me being mute. I asked my parents many times and they always said it was due to an accident and never said anything about anyone.

"Emma they said they will be here in few minutes" Asher said coming to me.

I searched for my notepad but couldn't find it.

I guess Asher understood what I was searching for and he immediately bent down and picked up my notepad from the floor beside him and gave it to me with a pen.

"What did they say about the note?" I wrote and showed him.

"I called your dad and asked him to explain what the note meant to which he said he will come here and talk about it" Asher replied.

I nodded and wrote "Who sent this?" showing him.

"I don't know Emma" he said letting out a frustrated sigh and added "I just got a message to my phone that Did you have fun reading the mail? along with a picture of you from two days back" showing me the message.

"It is from a private number and is being difficult to track by the security department" he said running his hands through his hair in frustration.

Though I am freaking out I cannot see him like that so I went to him and wrapped my arms around him.

Immediately he hugged me back and we stood there in silence in each other's embrace.

After sometime there was a knock on the study door.

Asher let out a come in and we stepped away from each other.

Mary escorted my parents and left from there giving me a small smile.

"Emma" my mom said coming to me but I took a step back from her before she can hug me.

I can see tears pooling in her eyes but I need answers from them.

My dad came and held my mom looking at me sadly.

"Emma" he started slowly and I looked at him when he added "We can explain. Please don't be like that."

"You lied to me" I gestured them.

"I know Emma we shouldn't have lied to you. Whatever we did was for your good babygirl" dad said looking at me.

"What you mean for my good?" I gestured towards them.

"Let's sit first and you can explain us what happened dad" Asher added gesturing towards couch.