p a r t o n e

"I am pleased to hear about that, professor." Even though he was starting to get impatient, Tom smiled. He wanted to keep his manners in control, considering the fact that he was Slytherin's prefect and he had to show a good example.
Professor Slughorn chuckled. "It's getting late now Tom. Go get some sleep."
The boy slightly nodded, then rushed to the Slytherin common room.

He entered the room, making the ones in it flinch. Well, yes, Tom wasn't the friendly one. On the contrary, even the closest to him were frightened in his presence. And he knew, yet he was pleased with the thought of many respecting him and looking up to him.

He sat down on the sofa, crossing his legs on the table in front of it.

"Well hello, Tom." Asher Culling approached him.
"Good evening, Asher." he said calmly, though you couldn't tell if he was in a mood for a chat.
"You will never guess what Jonathan and I had found out!" his friend said with excitement in his voice. "Blaire Michelson was part of that girl's murder."
Tom grinned. As much as he seemed like he was interested, he didn't care. He never cared about any rumors. Still, he managed to keep an interested look on his face.
"That's intriguing. Now, if you don't bother, I feel like I want to be alone."

He didn't need to say more. Even if he was only talking with Asher, every student in the room went in the dormitory.
He liked seeing the ones around him in fear. That way he knew that he had control over them.

A few minutes passed. Tom got up from the sofa, and was ready for his routine.
After everyone went to sleep, he would sneak out in the school's library in the restricted section to occupy himself with reading books.

Tom gently closed the entrance door of the common room. With his wand in his pocket, he began making his way to the library.
The school was silent, and there was nothing more that he needed. Just silence.

He stopped for a moment. Like he heard something.
His steps began to fasten, as he was getting closer and closer to take a turn at the end of the hallway.

Just as Tom took the turn, he bumped into someone. He slightly flinched at the thought of that someone being a teacher, but realized within seconds, that it was just a girl.
She fell over, and although Tom had no interest in helping her up, he felt like he had to.

He reached out his hand. The girl hesitantly grabbed it,which then pulled her up from the stone, rather cold floor.

"I suggest you go back to your room. You have no right to be here at this time." Tom looked at her. You could clearly hear the annoyance in his voice.
"I could say the same thing to you." she replied back in a calm, yet fierce tone.

Tom scoffed. Does she not know who he is?

As he examined the girl, he noticed a book in her hand. He couldn't quite read the title because of the darkness that was surrounding them, but he did see the golden snitch on the book's cover.

  There was a moment of silence dominating the two students, but it was broken moments later by the girl. "Well then, I suppose there's nothing here to talk about. Have a good night."

She left, but her steps could still be heard. Tom continued his way to the library, slowly walking in the dark and numb hallways.

He began feeling annoyed and frustrated, as one thought wouldn't leave his mind.
The girl he ran into. She didn't talk to him in a manner that others did in his presence. He felt disrespected.

Oh, I will find her. And when I do, I'll make her apologize for her manners.