Sunset (15)

Dipper POV

Me and Bill had been out all day walking around as he introduced me to the wildlife and plant life.

I was having the best day of my life, because Bill was there all the animals and creatures were kind to me and some even took a liking to me. I showed those who where part human their pages in the journal, most of them couldn't read the codes but they like the drawing Bill had done of them, a few could recall when Bill had done the drawing and told me about it. How he would sit down for hours with them and let them go about their day while he studied them and drew them.

I loved it. I love even talking to the creatures not intelligent enough to respond, when I would do that Bill would chuckle and I caught him rolling his eyes a couple of times.

Every time I got more than 5 feet from him he would call for me to come back or use magic to plop me down next to him.

He was being very protective. But it wasn't smothering, it was kinda- cute.

He seemed slightly flustered every time I'd get too far off, and would almost pout when I'd scold him for worrying too much.

"Pinetree, we should head back now." He said about 3 hours before the sun was due to set.

"We still have time, and there is so much more to see." I would brush it off and continue walking.

"We can see more tomorrow." He objected.

I sighed knowing I wouldn't win this, "Ok fine, but I want to walk back. No magic." I said pointedly.

He put his hands up in defeat and turned to lead me back to his house, we were a good hour away so I still had time to enjoy the air. Being outside for a day had not made up for the weeks I had been locked inside. Hell if I could I would choose to sleep outside over sleeping inside.

The walk back was quiet and calmed, I walked a little ahead of Bill but every now and again I would fall back and ask where to head to get back, we had walked around so much I felt turned around and couldn't remember how to get back.

"Bill?" I asked falling back to walk beside him once more.

"Yes?"

"Can we stay out to watch the sunset tonight?"

"Pinetree-" He whined

"I know, I know. I'm not saying to stay out all night I just really, really, want to watch the sunset." I explained quickly before he could finish his sentence.

He sighed, we walked the rest of the way to the cabin in silence, every step murdering my hopes to feel the night air settle in, or watch as the sky paints itself orange, then pink, then purple, then finally dark blues.

I entered the house quieted, haft conscious looking for a window that would face the sunset, it's been too long since I've even seen it.

The window with the best view was in the kitchen, I ate dinner with Bill then took a small cup of water to the window pulling over one of the dining room chairs so I could sit on the seal.

"What are you doing?" Bill asked, he had left to take a shower after dinner, but that was barely 20 minutes ago, now he stood in the kitchen door in old slightly oversize and loose clothes with a towel draped over his shoulders to catch the drips from his hair.

"Watching the sun set." I hummed leaning into the window.

He shook his head, "Pinetree-"

"I'm not going outside, and I know sitting in the window like this is also not the smartest choice but I haven't seen the sunset in too long, I know it's crazy but I used to watch the sun go down every night. I just want to see it again." I sighed looking away from him and out to the sky, the sun was still out but I could tell by the shifts and colors of the clouds I knew it would go down soon.

I heard him walking through the kitchen to me. He picked the cup from my hand, setting it on the seal of the window next to my knee. He took my hand pulling lightly to get me to come down.

"Bill, please." I practically cried.

"Shh, just come with me." He hummed not at all bothered by my distress.

He led me out the kitchen and threw the living room down the short hallway to the door, he kicked the door open with his foot leaning me outside. Just a few steps from the door he stopped and turned to face me, taking my other hand in his. "Hold on to me." he whispered, guilding my hands to his shoulders pulling me closer to him. He hands gliding back up my arms raising goosebumps in their trail all the way down my sides to my waist.

"Bill?" I breathed not sure of what he was doing.

"Have you ever flown before?" he asked ignoring the question I had breathed with his name.

"No."

"Do you want to, now?" his arms undetected where now pulling me closer to his chest.

"I don't understand." Dazed by his voice and the feeling of his body against mine.

"Look down." he smiled.

Pulling my eyes from his face, I looked to the ground.

Unlike how I had assumed a moment ago my feet were no longer on the ground. In instant panic I locked my arms around his neck pressing into him.

"Don't drop me."

"I won't, relax" a laugh bursting from his chest shaking us both. He hummed slowly turning us in a circle lifting us further and further from the ground, "You wanted to see the sun set, why not from in the sky." his voice even as a whisper it vibrated threw me.

Looking over his shoulder the sky spun, swimming and swirly color in and out of each other dancing to soft music, the song of birds flying home and animals settling in for the night.

Peace washed over me, I felt more relaxed than I ever have. My arms draped down his shoulders, without realizing it at some point my head had rested. It's in the crock of his neck facing out towards the sky I couldn't take my eyes off the slow werl of color.

I had barely noticed how much time had passed, even as the sun fully disappeared and stars started to reveal themselves in the night sky.

I had barely noticed that we slowly started to spiral downwards .

I had barely felt the soft thud as we touched down to the ground or when Bill tried to let go of me, or as he decided against it and picked me up walking me inside.

He sat down on the couch with me in his lap, slowly sliding me to the side.

"Goodnight Pinetree."

-- dream

The sky spun colors of pink and purple around itself above.

Below the earth was falling asleep.

Spinning in the middle of it all spun Bill and Dipper in the air, dipping and turning to the song.

Unlike during his time awake, dipper's eyes were closed and his head was turned into Bill's neck.

They spun and danced longer than a regular sunset would last, long into an invisible night, and even longer.

Not a word was said.

Till he woke up, and that beautiful dream disappeared. 

_____________________

Gotta love quarantine. 

3 weeks of sitting at home with a mountant of online homework and nothing else to do. 

I should be able to get more chapters out in the next few weeks.