C h a p t e r T h r e e

Sophie's POV.

"No way," Sophie said as Biana held up three bright, vary frilly dresses. "There is no way I'm wearing any of those."

It was three hours till the ball and Biana insisted on helping Sophie pick out a outfit.

Biana sighed and flopped down on Sophie's bed. "You are impossible! I've shown you like, hundreds of dresses! And you can't find one that you like!"

"There completely impractical! I already can't dance! How am I gonna dance in a gown that that weigh a thousand pounds?"

Biana opened her mouth to respond just as Linh Song walked into the room, wearing a huge smile and carrying two gowns.

Linh worked as a high ranked lady of the palace. A companion to the Blackswan's First Lady.
But to Sophie, Linh was much more then just a companion.

"I've got it!" Linh announced and laid the dresses on the bed. "I found two gowns that Sophie will love!"

Sophie snorted, doubtful of her friend's choices.
Biana looked just as skeptical.

But as she looked over dress options, she couldn't deny Linh had picked out some good ones.

The first option was a fairly simple short red dress, fitted at top and flowy at the bottom.
The second option was a long navy blue dress with floral lace along the neck.

Dress one:

Dress two:

Dress two:

"Woah," Sophie said as she examined them

"Woah," Sophie said as she examined them. "These are beautiful."

Linh clapped her hands. "I knew you'd like them! Red always looks so good on you, but you also look amazing in floral navy."

Sophie eventually decided on the red dress, and both her friends agreed.

"So then can I wear the blue one?" Biana asked.

"Sure," Sophie said and picked up the red to get dressed. "Knock yourself out."

Biana thanked her and Sophie went to try on her dress.

She walked out of her closet uncertainly once she had it on and faced her friends. "What do you think?"

Biana and Linh both collapsed on her bed, pretending to faint.
Sophie laughed and helped them up.

"You look amazing!" Linh cheered at the same time Biana said, "now it's time to do your hair!"

"But it's still like, two and half hours till the ball!" Sophie complained, but with a smile.

"Exactly!" Biana said and jumped up from the bed. "Not nearly enough time!"

She dragged Sophie to her vanity and placed her on the chair in front of it.

Linh went to Sophie's closet and started digging around for shoes as Biana weaved through her hair.

Two hours later, Biana had Sophie's hair in a half up floral bun on top of her head, and her face drawn with light makeup.

Standing in front of her mirror, Sophie couldn't deny how beautiful she was.
Biana and Linh stood next to her with proud smiles on their faces.

"Well Linh," Biana said. "I think our work here is done."

"Yup," Linh nodded. "We did well. Time to get ready ourselves."

Biana nodded in agreement, then shrieked when she realized the time.
"Got to go, Sophie!" Biana said and gave her a quick hug. "See you later!"

Linh laughed as she watched her friend run out of the room, the navy blue dress in her arms.
"See you at the ball, Sophie," she said and gave her a hug too.

Linh walked out of the room and Sophie took a deep breath.
It was time to be introduced to the clan as First Lady.

She walked down the stair case to find her parents.

She found them talking with Juline and Kesler Dizznee in the living room, her cousin Dex next to them.

He smiled when he saw her and Sophie smiled back, trying to look confident.

It looks like guests were already starting to arrive.

-

𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗼 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲!
𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲'𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆, 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘁!
𝗦𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗕𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗮 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗟𝗶𝗻𝗵 𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝘂𝗽 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲?
𝗕𝘆𝗲!
~𝗧