t e n

Natalie went out of the house to the barn, she went over to her stepmother and sat next to her, with her knees up to her chest, "I'm so sorry, I wish I was here, to protect you and Shawn, you deserve that much from me, but I wasn't," tears streamed down her face as she remembered her stepmother's kindness, "I hope you can forgive me."

She buried her head into her knees as she cried silently, she felt a hand on her neck when she saw that it was Lori, who was giving her a small smile, an attempt to comfort her, she shrugged it off.

She heard multiple footsteps approaching the area, "want us to start burying them?" T-Dog spoke.

"Let's dig a grave for Sophia," Lori ordered causing Natalie to turn her head towards her.

"And my stepmom and brother," Natalie said with a scowl, standing up and turning around to the group. She had tear stains on her cheek and her face was red from the anger she felt towards Shane. No one responded to her. "Over by the trees," Natalie said a little calmer and pointing towards them. It looked peaceful there, far away from the horrors of the barn.

"I'll get the truck," Shane grumbled and walked away.

"The truck?" Jimmy questioned.

"We bury the ones we love, we burn the rest," Andrea responded easily.

"Everyone deserves a proper send-off," Natalie snapped.

"We don't have time, there are too many bodies," Lori responded.

"Then you should've thought twice before shooting them all," Natalie growled.

She stormed away, got herself a shovel and started to walk towards the trees where they wanted the burial. She stared at the ground then started digging.

Hours had passed and no one had uttered a word to anyone, Natalie never looked up to look at Rick's group, fearing she would snap and hurt someone.

Natalie went back into the house to see her father packing up Annette's things into a suitcase. Her white dresses, her pictures, her jewellery, any and all of her belongings were packed up.

He was dressed up in a shirt and trousers, still missing his tie. Picking up his tie, Natalie went over to him and wrapped it around his neck. "Daddy?" She started, "How you feeling?" she said as she tied the first knot.

"They're gone," he said back with a single tear falling down his cheek.

She finished up the tie and held his cheek, wiping away the tear. She pulled him into a hug and felt his body shake.

"Come on," she said pulling away, "It's time."

The two groups stood in a line staring at the graves, in silence.

Herschel said no words like he had for Otis.

Shane hadn't done his soliloquy like he had for Otis.

As far as Natalie could tell, he didn't care for their loss.

One by one, they had left the site until there were no bodies left, except for the ones who slept in the grave.

Natalie was with the horses. She tended to her horse, trying to distract herself. She heard the door open, she turned to see Rick. Not wanting to see him she turned back around.