Chapter Four

America's POV

We arrived at McDonalds as we planned, without many interferences. By "without many", I mean that we still had a few, of course, as Japan was the one driving. Having seen how she drives countless times before, I should've known that we would eventually come close to dying if she got behind the wheel one day with me beside her. I grinned when I thought the words "with me beside her". I couldn't help it.

Ah! Right, if you didn't already notice, news flash, I maybe kinda sorta have the smallest of crushes on Japan. She's just so likable, cute, pretty, kind, good body- hAH! I'm getting distracted, aren't I? Oh, wait, we're already inside?

"Alrighty, then, America~Senpai!" Japan said enthusiastically. "What should we do first? Get a table, order, play in the play place..." She went on, listing things that I hadn't heard. My mind tuned out at play place, suddenly feeling the large urge to go there, as if I was a character in a bad fanfiction and the author wanted me to go there. I shrugged it off, tuning back in to what Japan was saying.

"or, I think I already said this, but just order." She finished, taking a breath, a habit that she had gotten into due to her tendency to rush everything she wanted to say in one breath. Why did I notice that? You already know.

"Let's order our food, then find a table," I said, turning my head to face her. The way she was beaming her bright, happy smile at me and slightly flicking her tail made a subtle dusting of red appear on my face for a split second. Though, luckily, she didn't notice. "Sounds good to me!" She spoke as I was then dragged over to the line by her, it was an easy task for her as I was moving with her.

We stood in the line for a few minutes, the place being surprisingly crowded, and finally made it up to the front. A shiver ran down my back as I felt something odd. I ignored it, making my order and Japan following with her order. We were told to sit down and they'd call our names when it was ready. My spine felt oddly cold, and I looked behind me. Nobody there. I shrugged it off, though it stayed, despite reassuring myself nobody was looking at me. Guess I'm just a bit paranoid today.

"'Meri~Senpai? Are you alright?" Japan asked. I looked at her, seeing concern in her ivory white eyes. I nodded, rubbing my neck. "Just feeling like...well, like something or someone's watching me." I replied, moving my hand back down onto the wooden table.

"Oh, I get that feeling all the time!" She claimed. "Then, when I look around, I see that people are actually looking at me, but not just me, my chest and my-"

"ORDER FOR 'HENTAI FURRY' AND 'OIL'?" The cashier called out. A few people, both in the line and sitting down, looked around for the supposed "hentai furry" and "oil". Japan rose from the red plastic-like seat. "I'll get our order," She said. "You go to the bathroom and splash some water on your face. It helps."

I nodded and watched as she walked off. I rose from the stiff seat, walking to the bathroom. This gave me time to think about whatever I wanted to think about, such as the loud and rude Vietnam, the dent I'm supposedly paying for, Japan, the guy who walked past us before we went in the car-

Hey. That guy. I've never payed attention to him before, but he's in one of my classes I think. I splashed water on my face, then drying it off. Doesn't his name begin with "R" or something? It should, if my memory serves me right. Yeah. Something weird and foreign, with sounds that are hardly ever used in the english language. Dang, now I'm thinking about it. Hey, I'm at our table. Japan was already waiting there for me, sitting innocently with the food. A little too innocently. I looked at her curiously.

"You're acting weird, Jap," I stated, sitting down and reaching out for my burger. She giggled nervously and I grabbed the burger. "Hah, really? I didn't really notice, are you being serious?" She said. I was beginning to get weirded out so I just took a bite out of my burger. Something in the burger tasted off, but due to my lack of food for the few hours of class before we had arrived at McDonalds, I didn't notice. Something immediately felt off.

Again, I shrugged it off as I tend to do and ate my food, Japan following suit.

Was someone watching me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

780

H E Y I'm not dead! Sorry that this came out a bit later than expected, but I'll have more time to work on chapters due to my school being cancelled for now because of the wonderful sickness known as the

C O R O N A   V I R U S

Anyways, stay safe and wash your hands guys!

Word Count: 780