13

Jax's POV

As expected P.E was my easiest class of the day. I had excelled instantly like I thought I would and that definitely seemed to make the coach like me a lot more.

The teacher liked me just as I thought he would. I was able to out run most kids when we ran laps for warm up while barely breaking a sweat.

The only bad thing was class ended a lot sooner than I would have hoped for. If it was an option I would gladly just take gym all day.

Lunch on the other hand wasn't that great.

I was dreading going back to class so all through lunch I was sulking behind a mask that said 'I don't give a fuck, stop looking at me'.

Boyd was the only one who I knew who shared lunch with that I knew other than my cabin mates.

He came to sit with us but seemed to be in the same mood as me and avoided speaking at all costs. Luckily the tension in the air was gone at that point and Ryder and Callum were able to eliminate the silence at the table.

Science with Callum and Ryder wasn't too bad but I still didn't enjoy it. Through most of the class I was thinking about ways to avoid Liam even though we about to have a class together.

I eventually decided that I would just not talk to him in hopes that he would get the idea and leave me alone for the rest of the day. Sadly, he didn't let me ignore him.

The second Callum dropped me off at the cabin Liam was there and ready to talk.

"How have the rest of the classes been?"

"Fine."

"Meet any new people?"

"No."

"Learn anything?"

"No."

Though his questions seemed like ones a caring mother would ask after the first day of school his tone was more cold and brutal as if he didn't really care.

"I'll help you with home work later then," he decided but I said nothing.

"Did you like any of the classes," he asked after a while of nothing.

I had keep myself from groaning as I answered. "No."

"You seemed to like P.E," he pointed out. Though he wasn't looking at me and I wasn't looking at him I could tell he was scowling at something.

"Yea well P.E isn't even a real class. It's just playground time for high schoolers." Liam only hummed in response but I didn't care anymore.

When class finally started I took out the same paper Callum had given me at the beginning of the day. There was barely a blank space on it but it didn't have a single note from any of the classes I had today.

I caught Liam looking over at it when I pulled it out but he only scowled at it before taking out a piece of paper and writing on it before handing it to me.

'Pay attention' it read at the top of the page. 'I'll only help you if I know you were paying attention. Take notes'.

I roll my eyes as I pick my pencil up and start drawing on the new page.

I could practically feel Liam's eyes burning into me but I didn't care.

Everything melted away as my hand moved across the paper.

Liam's stare faded, the teacher's voice sounded distant, the smell of old books wasn't overwhelming anymore. It was just me and my paper.

The bell wasn't what let me know this hour class of torture was over. Liam's hand forcefully pulling my drawing away from me was what pulled me out of my daze.