𝐊𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐢 𝐱 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @SuperBaragon35

Title: Stuffed Animal

I kicked Bebop one more time in the head before making my escape through a window. As I was running from the Shredder's lair a couple of building away, I heard his scream of frustration which fueled me to run even faster.

Finally, a few minutes later, I stopped, satisfied I was finally safe enough to rest. For now. There was no doubt he was already looking for me. He was probably out himself, angrily rushing the rooftops for his daughter.

"I need to go to the turtles," I told myself and then shook my head furiously. No, they would get hurt. I couldn't risk it.

Then, I heard it. A scream. Not one I recognized, but a child's. A little girl's. I immediately started running towards it, more frantic than I should've been. I finally navigated it, down in an alley below.

Four little boys were terrorizing a girl as she shook and cried, calling for her mom. My black heart broke for her.

I remember being bullied by my father's associated when I was a child, screaming for my mommy also. I couldn't even call for Shredder himself; it would've been showing weakness for him and I. Instead, he let them torture me for hours at a time, only stopping it before they went too far.

I pulled my jacket hood over my head and, taking a deep breath, jumped into the alley between the girl and the kids.

"Who are you?" the boys asked, backing away. I slowly stood up, shielding the girl with my body.

"Your killer if you don't leave this girl alone," was all I said as I slyly showed them a knife inside my pocket. They all looked at each other and ran off, trying to be the first away from me.

"Uh, miss lady?" I remembered the little girl and turned around to look at her. She had bright (e/c) eyes burning with curiosity, (h/l) (h/c) hair, and a (f/c) stuffed animal in her grasp. I was surprised the boys hadn't taken it from her.

"Yes?" I quickly knelt down to her and she reached for my hood, trying to pull it away from my face. I stood up and pulled the hood down even lower, ignoring her sad sound of protest.

"Uh, where do you live, kid?" I asked her, looking around as if her house would be right there in the alleyway.

"Here." she glanced around her as I mentally facepalmed. Good going, Karai, you jinxed her.

She ran over to a pile of newspapers and sat on top of it, grabbing a paper and wrapping it around herself like a blanket.

"This is my bed." she said, proudly as she slowly laid down and closed her eyes.

Now that I studied her, she looked malnourished, and extremely unkept. I wanted to help her but, what was I going to do? It's not like I could take her where I was going and there was no way I was taking her to Shredder.

What about the turtles? I was sure they would help her, so I gently picked her up, making sure she had her stuffed animal, and started towards the sewers. Halfway down, she woke up and started asking questions.

"Where are we going?" she wondered as she rubbed her eyes. I smiled at her cuteness and let her down as I took my hood off and tugged it onto her small body.

Picking her up again, I whispered, "I don't want you to be alone, so you're gonna stay with some friends I know. Is that okay?" she giggled excitedly and nodded.

"Why can't I stay with you?" I sighed and looked away from her.

"I have some... bad people looking for me right now and I don't want them to find you. If they do, I can't say if I would ever see you again. But, that's why you're staying with my friends, because they don't know where my friends are, so they won't find you. You'll be safe with them," I smiled gently at her and realized she was staring at me.

"What?" I asked, and then mentally smacked myself as I realized I wasn't wearing my hood anymore. We had just walked under a hood of light, so she could see me for a few seconds. What was she going to think of me? My horribly chopped hair and weirdly bleached undercut? My pierced ear and extravagantly upsetting makeup?

"You're so pretty," she finally said and I froze. Was she joking? Nobody had ever told me that before, besides Leo, but that's a different story.

I shook my head and continued walking, not making direct eye-contact with the awe-struck child.

"What's your name?" I asked her as we came up close to the lair entrance.

"(Y/n)," she smiled at me largely and I returned it. I put her down a few feet away from the entrance and looked towards it, hearing the boys laughing and giggling inside. I longed to go in, laugh with them, play video games, and eat pizza like a good sister, but I knew I couldn't. At least, not yet.

"Okay, it's time for you to go. Now, just tell them you met me and I told you to come down here, okay? I'll see you again someday, kid." I gave (y/n) a quick hug and turned and rushed away.

"Wait!" I stopped and looked back as the girl called me.

"What?" I was nervous, the longer I was near her, the more danger she was in.

"What's your name? Who do I tell them my hero is?" she called, and I once again facepalmed. I never told her my name.

I called a single word and she smiled and said goodbye to me before hesitantly entering the lair.

I didn't stick around for much longer after that. 

++++++++++

"Uh, hello?" (y/n) called as she entered the weird house in the sewers. Suddenly, she was surrounded by four giant turtles, who were standing up and and... talking?

"Who are you?" the blue mask-wearing one asked.

"How'd you find us?" the red-masked one demanded.

"Guys, she's just a kid," the purple mask-wearer said.

"How did you find us?" the orange one repeated gently as he lifted her into his arms.

"A pretty lady helped me. She took me off the streets and told me to tell you to help me, because you were her friends."

"Who?" the blue one said, looking at the other turtles. The name she said next made them all relax and smile to each other, instantly welcoming (y/n) into their home.

"Miwa."

++++++++++

Sorry, it's been a while. I've been obsessed with Big Mouth on Netflix and I finally finished it!

Note: if you're under 16 you do NOT need to be watching it. It's a cartoon, but it's not a kids show. It's literally just South Park if the kids were in seventh grade. It's bad.

Ooh and be sure to peep the new cover made by @Vdelreal7! It has a popsicle on it I'm so happy! Thanks again!

Have a good night guys! I love all of you!

Comment your favorite Netflix show!

this is one of my fav oneshots to date