Jealousy (2)

Shoving a celery stick in my mouth while leaning on the kitchen island, I watched Melo and his gma, oops I meant girl, from across the room. They were kissing, and hugging, being cute and all that dumb shit .. that dumb shit like how we used to be..

"If it makes you feel better I don't like her either."

I jumped, not realizing Lavar was standing next to me. He looked nice in his black and gold BBB t-shirt and matching shorts.

"What do you mean, don't like who?" I played dumb. Was it that obvious I was staring at them? God, I needed to work on that. How embarrassing.

"Courtney, shes too much. And she's older what she want with my boy at 24?"

I laughed, I knew she looked older but damn 24? Sheesh she was a cougar.

"Don't be sad about them. I'll give 1 day max since you're here."

"Sad? I'm not sad." I spoke defensively.

"Girl please, I know that look on your face. Look of defeat. I've been there a couple times in my life. But you know what big baller does, gets up and goes for what he wants."

I shook my head laughing. "Big baller I don't think what I want wants me anymore." Glancing back over to them, we watched as they took selfies, and he kissed her on the cheek. Breaking my heart a little more.

"Look I don't know what happened between you to—."

He didn't tell him?

"But I know my son better than I know basketball. And that right there is crazy cuz you know I know everything about basketball. Just talk to him, sweetheart." He laughed resting his hand on my shoulder, before walking over to Tina.

I had to get my ex boyfriend back, but how?