Chapter Sixty-Six: Drink Anyone?

I sat at a table quietly as T.K jabbered on about what he had done that day while Carlos kept looking at me and T.K. I couldn't help but smile and be interested in how their relationship worked sometimes. Carlos had ordered some wine while T.K and I drank our waters.

"So miss Urie," T.K harassed a little bit.

"What is it like? Is it different not living here? Do you miss your favorite cop and firefighter?" He winked at me and failed.

"One never do that again. Two, Carlos how do you put up with that. Like I am sorry I could not oh thank whatever higher power Jack doesn't try to wink. Three, I mean it's cool. I was briefly in college for a moment then I decided, I guess, I would rather like to tour. Ryleigh and I are in a band we are called Northern Star. I know a weird-ass name. I guess a play on you follow the North Star home but like we both were adopted so the light at the end of the tunnel?" I nodded my head and grabbed a fry off T.K's plate and shoved it into my mouth.

"That's sweet kid, I wish you still were around here sometimes. I mean we thought about you all the time and stuff but I sort of gave up hope on ever seeing you again. There was this part of me that wanted to take you home that day but T.K and I weren't exactly ready for that," Carlos said and I nodded my head understanding.

"Yeah, I get that. Things like that make you appreciate what you have and make you think of what you want. It's called something, it's like after something tragic happens people do things they would never do. Like ask the person they are with to marry them even if they know it's not ending well," I said and continued to eat fries of T.K's plate.

"Child I may truly like you and I may have wanted to save your life but eat another one of my fries and I may end your life," T.K joked and I smiled laughing.

I genuinely laughed and I almost snorted as I closed my eyes causing Carlos to start laughing. I couldn't remember the last time I laughed like this. I remember laughing so hard my sides hurt while on tour but I don't ever member laughing like this.

"Does Brendon take care of you well?" Carlos asks turning our conversation serious.

"Yeah, he is the best. He and Sarah both. I mean I am dating Jack from All Time Low. Then there is his bandmates who are like my second family. Alex and his wife Lisa call themselves my second parents. Rian is like this awesome big brother. Zack and I have a back and forth relationship because he is dating Ryleigh. Ryleigh is pretty much my sister, she is my best friend so I mean we go back and forth on what is best for her. Um, let's see we have two dogs and I sort of have a kid," I finished making T.K choke on his water causing Carlos to start pounding on his back.

"Wait you have a kid!" He sort of yelled causing people to turn and look at us.

"I want to see pictures of this," Carlos said and I rolled my eyes.

"Guys I said sort of... It's my ex's kid his name is Beckett and I mean I was with him almost two years and I really loved him but like I don't know we drifted apart and I mean there was always something between myself and Jack. I don't know um here is a picture of Kolbi his daughter," I passed the two men my phone and pulled up the album of photos of Beckett, Kolbi, and Me.

I really had missed Beckett. I missed the wise voice of reason in the back of my head asking me what would Beckett do. I knew he had a new girlfriend now and it was tough because she did not like Kolbi and Kolbi did not like her. Beckett, on the other hand, didn't see how it was hurting Kolbi so there were many nights on the phone where I listened to Kolbi tell me how much she didn't like the new girl and wanted me to be her mommy. I explained to her I would always be her mommy.

"She is cute, she looks like you but with his eyes. Kind of weird how that happens," Carlos said and T.K just laughed flipping the phone back to me.