Chapter Eleven

Lunar's POV

Carrying Mathis on my back, we walked around the carnival, laughing as she pointed a plastic sword while chanting, "Charge, Pony! Charge! To the Darts, My Noble Steed!"

I neighed, trotting over to a dart game, laughing as she noogied my hair, "Hey, you're going to mess up my hair!"

She brushed her fingers through my hair as Mr. Lincoln and Mr. Hayes chuckled from behind us, "You both need to settle down."

"Never!" We both hollered, sticking our tongues out, Mr. Lincoln cocking an eyebrow at me as a smirk toyed at his lips, a silent threat. Around Mathis, I had a lot of daring confidence, and they all knew it, "We will never settle down!"

"You will if we bend you over in front of all these people," He grinned, daring my behavior to keep testing him.

"I'll slay you, Dragon! You shall not harm my horse!" Mathis ordered as she pointed the sword at him in a defensive manner, gaining him to let out his laughter. Setting her down, we turned our attention back to the dart game, throwing a few darts and popping about six balloons. This gained us two small stuffed animals. We both got matching unicorns, laughing as she jumped onto my back and aimed at a game with hats, "Onward!"

"You are going to make me broke," I sighed, setting her down in front of it before paying a few bucks.

"Not my fault you made me keep my wallet at home," She grinned, shooting a basket and whooping when she made it, "and told them not to pay a dime."

"Fair point, fair point," I chuckled, watching her make two more baskets and then sticking out my bottom lip, "Ruh-roh."

"I chose this on purpose," She stuck out her tongue, booping my nose as she made the fourth basket, smirking deviously with claps of her hands, "I never lose!"

"This is bullshit," I pouted, shooting a basket and missing, "You're not even supposed to be able to win this one."

She giggled as she made another basket, I forfeited the game, "I'll take the unicorn hat!"

Taking it, she pushed it onto my head, "I promote thee to my magical unicorn!"

I scoffed, chortling, "How kind of you, I'll forever remember my ass getting beat by a girl."

"So, you're entire existence?" She chimed, hopping onto my back, giggling as my mouth fell open. Mr. Lincoln and Mr. Hayes joined her laughter as we headed over to the spinning strawberries, "Strawberries!"

"Oh, boy," I bowed my head with a sigh, "You're already planning my funeral, aren't you?"

"Pleasssseee?!" She whined and shook my shoulders. She was death themself when it came to spinning rides.

"You're doing the puppy look, aren't you?" I was starting to cave, defeated, and demolished at knowing the answer. I could never say no to her puppy face.

"...Maybe."

I looked up at her as she booped my nose, setting her down and pulling out our tickets, "One time. Not a whole hour like last time."

"I love you berry much, Best Friend!" She dragged me into one of them, Mr. Hayes and Mr. Lincoln sat on a bench as they watched us, waving at my demise, "I love the strawberries!"

She didn't even wait for the ride to start before spinning our strawberry, giggling as I held my head and curled into a ball, "You're fucking insane."

Five minutes later, the ride came to a stop, but my head didn't, her laughter an echo in my ears as she had to help me out of the bullshit strawberry, "Wanna go, again?"