145 - ASHTON!

"i love you." ashton smiles. "did i tell you that?"

     "yeah," luke laughs softly. "about ten times in the last hour. keep doing it."

     "you deserve a medal for putting up with my shit." ashton chuckles.

     "do i?"

     "yeah." ashton states as he leans up, pressing his lips to luke's. "i put you through the goddamn ringer, after all."

     luke rolls his eyes. "i hate you."

     "no, you already said you love me," ashton grins. "no backsies."

     "you're so cute!" luke whines as he pulls ashton back down to his chest. "i love you. i'm still so mad it took us this long to admit it."

     "same." ashton sighs. "i think i'm going to come out."

     "yeah?"

     "yeah." ashton swallows. "i've spent the better part of four years being scared of who i am and i'm over it."

     luke runs his hand across ashton's thigh as the boy mindlessly babbles about some movie he watched the previous night. luke's chest is warm and ashton feels safer with him that he ever has anywhere else. his only regret is not telling luke sooner.

     regardless of the regret, ashton was grateful to even be with him at all. he'd been so scared for so long that he'd begun to convince himself he'd never be able to be happy with luke. but as luke traced little triangles on ashton's thigh, ashton finally accepted that he was allowed to be happy, and he was allowed to love whoever he wanted.