8

"He said what?!" Jess screamed at me. "I know right! He is so unbelievable." Jess and I were currently sitting alone at our table eating lunch and I decided to fill her in on Poe's idiotic behavior, but I kept his spice running gig a secret because although he was a jerk I still promised.  "He sounds like he's still into you, in my opinion." Jess saying this made me choke on the food I was eating. "This guy barely knows me!" I struggle to say while coughing. "He knows your deepest darkest secrets, he honestly knows you better than anyone in this galaxy." I give her a glare, knowing that she's probably right. "You know I'm right Elise." "Oh shut up." Jess gets up, having to go get ready to train with her squadron. "You know you love me, okay got to go train with Mr. Dreamy-eyes. See ya!" I playfully stick my tongue out at her for using my story against me and wave goodbye to her then head to the computers, where once again I will probably have a boring day. 

When I was working today I was sitting in between two different people who I haven't met before, one was a man probably around 30 or 40 with salt and pepper hair and the other was an older lady who seemed less than excited to be here. I turned to the man because he seemed nice and tried to start a conversation. "Hi, I'm Elise by the way" He looked at me and nodded back at me and put out his hand for me to shake. "I'm Shev" but when I look down at his hand to shake it I was surprised to see the same tattoo that could be found on mine. He was from the same place as me. "When I was young my mother taught me about a lot of different cultures, where is your tattoo from?" I try to seem as clueless as I can while trying to still get information. "Oh this thing? Before I joined the Resistance about 3 years ago I lived in this kingdom in the inner rim, it's very beautiful."

"Does everyone have this tattoo?" I also want to test his knowledge. "I think so, everyone gets it if they're citizens around 15, they're all the same except the royalty has special versions of this." he looks really happy talking about his old home. "I miss it a lot, I left my parents and siblings there, but I think it was taken over by the First Order, I doubt it is still the same." I smile staring at my computer that was trying to track their ships. "Yeah but that's why we're here right? To bring peace back to our galaxy?" He looks me up and down and I can't help but feel nervous that he may have recognized me. "You know you're a really smart kid, I wish there were more people in the world with your optimism."

"Thank you but I am no kid, I'm 21." this makes him laugh out loud and pat my shoulder. "Trust me when you're my age you're gonna look back and see yourself as a child." With that he went back to his work with a smile on his face, I focus back on the map in front of me. I think back to the memories I had when I was growing up with my mother, I actually met Leia when I was 8, or that's what my mom would tell me. However, during that trip I only remember playing with who must be her son, though I haven't heard her talk about him. I also think back to the time when I had to get my tattoo, it hurt like hell but I remember I was so proud of it once I got it, I would run around the castle showing any maid who would pay attention to me. 

later that day

I was currently sitting at dinner with some below average food in front of me, but I wasn't going to complain considering it is better than nothing. Jess was telling me about her training for the day and how Poe made them go for a 5 mile run with their helmets on. But we both shut up once we heard Poe talking to his friend Snap, "Leia thinks we found someone who has a map to him." Poe whispers, causing everyone around me to gasp and lean into the conversation, trying to learn more. "A map to who?" I ask and everyone who was waiting to learn more from Poe just looked at me but so did Poe. "You probably wouldn't know him, his name's Luke Skywalker, Leia has been trying to find him since he disappeared 6 years ago." Poe says sassily, and normally would've rolled my eyes at him but I just sat there dumbfounded that we're talking about one of the greatest Jedi of all time. "Leia is still trying to contact who has it, but she can't figure out where he lives, I just hope the Order doesn't figure it out before her." Poe tells us and everyone just continues to nod in agreement with him, but I have so many other questions. "Who is she trying to contact." Poe looks at me annoyed, "Listen rookie, I can't give that information away like that, and especially not to you."