XXVII. paradise

The past few days had been nothing but pure bliss.

And no, sorry to disappoint you, dear readers, but the two protagonists had not been involved in premarital sex.

Well, sure, maybe a little kissing here and there.

Fine, who are we kidding? Definitely lots and lots and lots of kissing but still, no premarital sex.

Premarital kisses only.

Seraphina doesn't know what came upon her when in the middle of the night, inside Zachary's bedchamber, she found herself stripping down, all bare, Zachary still downstairs.

Before she realized it, Zachary was already inside the room, his eyes widening at the sight of her fully naked, her jaw dropped.

"What are you doing, love?" He mumbled his gaze on her.

Biting her inner cheek, she replied, "I want you to paint me, Zach,"

And with that, Zachary painted her. Created a masterpiece.

These past few days, Zachary has been spending way too much of his nights in Seraphina's chamber, which, it seems like, she has nothing against.

Obviously, Aunt Veronica knew nothing of it since no doubt she would spit fire as soon as she ascertained the scandal is true.

You see, what transpired back there in the courtroom was just an act in the eyes of Aunt Veronica, a scheme merely to save the ass of her godson.

Thank the heavens she was discussing, scratch that, arguing with one of her so-called-friends when Seraphina and Zachary exchanged such passionate kisses in the backroom.

Aunt Veronica insisted Zachary eat his meals inside the Hearts manor, prepared by hers truly since she knew her godson doesn't know a thing regarding cooking. Plus, dear Lord, he doesn't have a single household staff.

Aunt Veronica wondered how he survived. Seraphina wanted to say he barely survived judging from the state of his manor the last time she went there during Zachary's stay in the Avebury jail.

Already, Zachary's shape began shifting to normal, his overly-defined cheekbones and jaws began to get a bit meaty.

Well, it's impossible for him not to since Aunt Veronica insisted he'll eat whatever she'll cook for him.

What's funny yet guilt-worthy was how Aunt Veronica solely thought Zachary was sleeping back in the Canning manor, not cuddling with her niece.

Throughout the endless night, the two of them solely shared the bed, their hands over each other, their legs entangled, Seraphina, it seems like, cannot keep her mouth zipped.

His eyes closed, Seraphina continued rambling about anything under the sun. How many pigs she'll purchase as soon as she's free to live in the countryside, what color yer house would be, the scent of soaps she'll make, the books she'll definitely reread, and even had the nerve to talk about what hairstyle perfectly suits Zachary, even suggested he should go bald even for once.

"Why did that even cross your mind, it baffles me," stated Zachary, chuckling, rubbing her back, feeling her warm breath against his throat.

Seraphina was pressed against his chest, her  cheek touching his white sleeping shirt, her arms around him, "I don't know too but why not try it, it could spice up your personality,"

Just by thinking of a bald Zachary brought laughter down at her, Zachary then teasingly pinched her nose.

Zachary was already sleepy when Seraphina remained to talk. Suggesting Zachary should sometimes try wearing tight pants and even a colored shirt just to see how it works on him. Even said he should wear one of those ridiculous wigs with powder back in the Napoleon times.