XXX. the happily ever after

That's it. Seraphina is packing her things.

Indeed, she is furious at herself and disappointed at him, yet, worried at the very same time.

Look, the thing is, she's leaving now.

Furious at herself for trusting Zachary, for giving her heart to him, for proclaiming her love towards him, for accepting him beyond his sinister.

She should've stayed away from him from the very beginning. She could perfectly hear her old self screaming at her, 'I told you so!'

Yet deep in her heart, Seraphina knew she doesn't regret one bit about one occurred, on letting him enter her heart.

And so, she knew she's never gonna let him go.

Disappointed at Zachary for not showing up after what occurred, after the confrontation at the abandoned warehouse, they went straight to her chamber back in the Hearts Manor where they spent the rest of the night.

However, by morning, when Seraphina woke up, Zachary's gone. With that, she knew something's amiss. No note or whatever, he just plainly left her.

Of course, she went straight to the Canning manor and even traveled to his house in Bath but he was nowhere in sight.

His frustration turned into worry. She began asking his clients the last time they saw Zachary but she failed.

Hell, finding that stupid cult of his even crossed her mind which she swiftly shook off.

The thing is, she is frightened over what happened to him. Where is he?

However, her worries turned into heartbreak when a week after he left, Aunt Veronica received a letter from Zachary informing her that he'll be gone for a while, that all is well.

And that he is staying in the countryside for a while.

Seraphina ran straight to her chamber upstairs, tears flowing down her eyes for she knew he definitely did leave her.

Why? And why after she proclaimed her love towards him?

And why can't he even write her a single letter?

Seraphina knew Zachary wouldn't do that intentionally. Surely, he has a reason, right? After all, he is a reasonable man.

And so, Seraphina packed her things, tears flowing down her cheeks, determined to find Zachary in whatever countryside he's hiding.

The carriage downstairs is already set. Her Aunt didn't approve of her plan but she just let her niece be.

Look, Seraphina doesn't have a single plan. Perhaps, she'll make one as her time goes by. Since her whole dowry is gone, she'll sell all her jewelry for renting out rooms and coaches and for food.

And when she ran out of money, she could just work an honest job, right?

Her aunt doesn't have a clue that her niece's dowry is all gone, and so, she didn't give her niece a single penny aside from a pack of cheese and sandwiches.

Engrossed in her thoughts, Seraphina hasn't heard the knocking of the door, instead, she just kept throwing her clothes inside her carpet bag, furiously.

Zachary came barging into the room, Seraphina is still oblivious of his presence.

Shaking his head, Zachary suppressed a chuckle as his eyes Seraphina forced her clothes to fit into the small carpetbag.

Crouching down, he circled his arms around her shoulders, stopping her.

Mouth hanging, she stared at him, his presence still not registering at her mind.