Chapter Forty-Two

The tension was something that I don't think I could take much more of. It was just weighing down on us- on me. Jenna wouldn't stop staring between Mason and I, and after a while everyone else just seemed to copy her.

I coughed quietly, trying to create some form of sound in the room, and it worked. Hollee seemed to know what I was trying to do and actually laughed at the whole situation before grabbing the bourbon from Mason and tipping another shot for herself.

"So..." She said after swallowing back the bronze liquid.

"Sooo..." I repeated, rolling back on the balls of my feet.

It was then that I had never been more grateful for Damon's presence in my life. "Hey." He greeted as he walked in -obviously have letting himself in the house - carrying a pink box. "I bought cake." He lifted up the box lowly and then placed it back down on the kitchen counter.

"Damon." Jenna said, her distaste clear.

Alaric trying to clear the remaining tension lifted the bourbon bottle Hollee past him. "We're doing shots. Let me get you a shot glass, buddy."

Alaric turned around to search for one but Jenna beat him too it. She stepped forward and shoved her glass towards Damon. "Here, have mine." She said and then she walked out of the room.

Alaric gave Damon a 'sorry' look before following after Jenna. It was then that Elena and Caroline decided that they had somewhere else they needed to be.

"Wow, you sure know how to clear a room." I joked.

Damon shot me a sour look and then turned his attention to Hollee and Mason. "She doesn't like me very much." He said, as if it was some kind of secret.

Hollee grinned. "Who? Lillie or Jenna?"

"Jenna...Lillie loves me."

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? Is that what we call this?"

"Obviously."

I shook my head, a smile on my lips.

"We haven't met. Mason Lockwood." Mason said, holding his hand out to Damon.

Damon dusted of his hands and then grasped Mason's tightly. "Damon Salvatore."

Mason nodded. "I know, I've heard great things about you."

"Really? That's weird. Cause I'm a dick."

"Mmhmm." I hummed in agreement.

Damon ignored me and turned his attention to Hollee. "You must be the other new Lockwood."

"I suppose in a sense. Hollee Sargent." She introduced.

She shook Damon's hand and gave him a pleasant grin.

Please let those two get along.

"Damon, this isn't fun anymore!" I exclaimed around everyone's shouting.

Damon thought it would be a good idea to play pictionary, and he only managed to persuade Jenna into agreeing was after he's constantly kept supplying her with alcohol. I think she was the one enjoying this the most.

"Dress! Ballerina!" She said loudly.

Damon was drawing some kind of wolf wearing a dress. I didn't like where he was going with this. Every turn he took he was trying antagonize Mason, trying to get him to admit to what we already know, and it was starting to drive me insane. I could tell Hollee was feeling uncomfortable by the whole situation as well. She kept shifting in her seat, trying not to look too long at Damon, like in that moment he could find out what she was.