The Meeting that could Change my Life

A/N: THANKS FOR 200 READS!! 

Tom's POV

"Dawn! Come on we're gonna be late if you don't hurry up!" I yell from downstairs.

Dawn comes running down the stairs wearing this.

"Dawn..." I look at her outfit. "Crop top? Really?" She rolls her eyes.

"You said professional. This is the most professional I could get."

I sigh. "Come on. Let's go before we're late." We get in the car and I start driving. We get to the meeting place and go up the elevator to floor 11. We make a left and walk into the meeting room. I sit down next to my agent and Dawn. We begin to discuss the movie. It's called The Day the World Ended. A zombie apocalypse movie. (I made it up.). My agent asks what Dawn's doing here and I say that she wants to audition for the role of Ariana.

"Who are you gonna play?" Dawn asks me.

"I'm playing Owen Martin. Dawn, this is your agent Isabel."

Dawn's POV

I look over at my new agent. She has brown hair and she looks young, like in her early-twenties.

"Hi, I'm Dawn."

"Hi Dawn, I'm Isabel." She shakes my hand. I tell her about myself and my years acting. I also tell her about my gymnastics career.

"Maybe we could get you in a gymnastics movie."  She says.

"That would be amazing!" I say.

"Your auditions will be a week from today."

"Ok." I smile at her. I can barely hold in my excitement. 

"But for now, let's make sure you nail these auditions." She says and hands me the monologue I have to do. I thank her for everything. Tom and I leave the building happy. On the car ride home he tells me that he can help me with the monologue.  We get home and I begin to read the monologue. It goes like this.

This is Ariana's monologue:

I've been by myself for 4 years Owen! I was doing perfectly fine before you got here. To you I'm just a little girl who can't survive an apocalypse. But that's where you're wrong. I am not a little, scared girl anymore. I have learned what life is like now, and I have adapted to it. Adapted to being alone, and waking up in the middle of the night because I hear something. I've adapted to break the rules and killing to survive, killing zombies who could be my family. I've adapted to running miles and miles with only by backpack and a will to live. I'm not ready to die yet. And if I have to keep running alone....then so be it. 

I practice the monologue with Tom and he gives me some tips like, emphasis some words and use different levels of voice. I practice until I get it perfectly and then I relax and watch a movie. Tom calls me to eat and I head to the kitchen.

"So, I have decided that you can take your phone to school tomorrow." Tom says as he sits down.

"Really?! Thank you so much!" 

"But, You can only use it for emergencies. So no posting on Instagram or making tiktoks, or snap chatting anyone."

"You know about my TikTok and Snapchat?"

"Yes I do. And I'm fine with you having them because I trust you with it."

"Ok. So emergencies only." I repeat. Tom nods. We finish eating and I head upstairs. I put on my pj's and take off my makeup. I decide to clean my room and then I head to the bathroom. I pull down my clothes and notice blood.

"Oh. This is going to be a great week." I say sarcastically. I grab a pad from the cabinet and notice that I'm running low. I only have 3 more pads. Guess I'll have to ask Tom to buy more. That's not gonna be awkward at all, (sarcasm). I flush the toilet and wash my hands. I then get into my bed and grab my computer. I start going through YouTube and time flies by. I notice it's time to go to bed. I go plug my computer in and get back in bed. There is a knock on the door, it's Tom, I walk over and I open it.

"Goodnight darling." Tom says and kisses me on the forehead. I hug him and kiss him on the cheek.

"Goodnight Dad. I love you. Thanks for adopting me." I whisper and we hug even tighter. He kisses me on the forehead again and says.

"It's the best choice I've ever made." We let go of each other and I close the door. I grab a sticky note and write a reminder that I need to ask Tom about the pads. I get in bed and remember that I get to see Alan tomorrow! Hopefully he brings me food. I'm craving some chick-fil-a. I go to bed in a happy state.