Trying to Find the One in the Crowd

"You are distracted again. Repeat." Sandro has been training Julius. Even though he had no strength it doesn't mean he can't fight. At least he can learn how to conceal weapon and used it in a right time.

Charles never left his room. Julius haven't seen him two days ago. He can't even eat properly thinking about Charles.

When they met Charles will only look away.
He tried begging Charles to understand but he closed his door and his ears.
He can't reach him.

"Ouch!"

"Julius!" Sandro look at his hand that bleeds.

"Be careful." Sandro sighs. "You can also back out."

"Brother!"

"I know why your heart is not at eased. Charles is stubborn but you should understand that he loves you the most."

"I know."

His things are packed.
He is outside the carriage.
When he looks back Charles is no where to be seen.

"Where is my husband?" Julius trembles slightly.

The housekeeper shakes his head.

It appears that Charles has already closed his heart from him.
Then why is he even doing this?

He only hesitate for a minute before he enter the carriage.
He slammed the carriage door in frustration.
Tears slowly fell one after another.
The carriage driver look ahead.
Good thing he learned how to not hear the noise coming out of the carriage. Because if he do his heart will be melting in pain.

Julius rubs his eyes.
His throat is dry and aching.
After drinking a cool water the driver told him that they arrive in the port.

He looks left and right.
Just a week ago a cargo ship has bren hijack by the pirates and all the passenger may no longer be alive but it appears like nothing happened and the port is still as lively as always and people are hurrying to boared the ship.

"Are you Young Master Julius?" A young boy with a clean face ask. His body is thin and he looks like a weakling.

"Are you my companion?"

"Yes. This one is called Sam. You can order me what to do."

"Hm. You know the plan?"

"Yes."

---

"When you arrive in the port, you will meet one of our people. He will be your servant and will assist your journey. You two will boared the ship as a wealthy nobel. I already paid someone to tell the pirate that there is valuable in your ship. But when they found nothing valueable they will surely take hostages or merchandise. With your looks and frailty you will surely be chosen. Once you gone to the pirate ship, I expect you to find an opportunity to find your second brother. Once you are sure. You have to somehow be able to use this signal bomb. We will be running fast to get you."

"I understand." Julius said.

Lorenzo gras Julius shoulder.
"This will not be as easy as it sounds. And Charles is like this. You can always back out."

"No Father. Let me do this."

---

Julius walks to the ship but every step feels so heavy.

He looks back.

"Why didn't you come? Why are you doing this to me? Idiot." He control his emotion or another tear will fall down.
He clenched his fist and walk forward.
He need to succeed.
Only then will Charles look at him again.