chapter I ༄

All night, I'll riot with you.

                | Physical - Dua Lipa

                                                                                       The next morning

The next morning

First period was about to start after breakfast in the Great Hall. Tom was determined to be early for classes not only to keep up his good grades, but to show the teachers that he is indeed, a great student.

Of course, Tom was just pretending. He had a great plan up his sleeve, that would end up changing his future and making him the greatest wizard of all time. But, perfect things took time, as he liked to think.

He casually walked in the classroom, where to his surprise, Dumbledore was already inside, looking out the window and admiring the view.
Oh, that old man. Tom's least favorite teacher. You never knew what was on that man's mind. No one could read his thoughts. He had a way of knowing everything before others and he looked wise. Too wise.

"Mr.Riddle." the professor spoke, still looking out the window. "Early as always, I see."
Tom felt shivers run down his spine as he heard his voice. "Sir. I could never be late to my favorite class."
"Is that so?" this time, the old man turned around facing Tom, and had a friendly smile on his face.

Other students started walking inside the classroom, which made Tom sigh of relief. He never liked having conversations with Dumbledore nor to have the professor smile at him. It always made him uncomfortable.

He sat down in a bench, and as always, no one joined his company. He was aware of the fact that he was feared by most of the students, but there's nothing wrong with that, right?

In the middle of the transfiguration class, the door was suddenly opened by headmaster Dippet.
"No offense to interrupt, Albus."
"None taken, headmaster. How may I help?"
"I'm here to borrow one of your students. More exactly Mr.Riddle. Is that possible?"
"Of course. Is there something else you need?"
"Just him. Thank you, Albus...Tom. Please come with me."

Tom got up from his seat and walked over to the headmaster. They both left the classroom and made their way to Dippet's office.
"Did I do something, professor?" Tom asked on the way.
"I am not sure, Tom. But we will both find out." the headmaster responded.

As they entered the office, Tom's eyes widened. The girl he encountered last night in the hallways was sitting in front of Dippet's desk. They locked eyes for a moment.
"Tom, please, sit down beside Miss.Wallis."
The student obeyed.
"Yesterday Miss.Wallis had the unfortunate luck to run into me during nighttime in the hallways, which of course, is a rule breaking action. Thanks to her, I found out that she wasn't the only one. And since I know no student other than you who loves books, I figured you were the other one."