23

Walker walked over and said to Bella; "Go to work, don't worry about other things. Without my permission, no one in the company is qualified to fire you and let you leave." Bella heard Walker's words. She couldn't have imagined that Walker would defend her so firmly!

Cindy respectfully looked at Mr. Miller, then looked at him with embarrassment and said, "Mr. Miller, the board..."

Walker Miller frowned slightly. The coldness in his eyes was indescribable, he said to Cindy: "This is the Miller's Corporation. I am the CEO of it. Do not forget it!"

After Walker Miller finished speaking, he walked towards the office and spread an icy atmosphere.

No one knew what Walker had been rushing all the way to protect Bella.

This was his company. How dare those old guys on the board of directors fire his staff without his permission?

Before she could react, Bella had stood still. She had accepted the truth that she lost the work because of Vanessa, but Walker suddenly appeared to help her keep her job.

Walker helped her many times, but.

Why did he help her?

Could it be that she was a friend of Toni?

Or was Walker Miller just her Mr. Steiner?

No.

Impossible!

It must be impossible!

Stop thinking non-sense. How could  Walker be Mr. Steiner?

All these thoughts exploded in Bella's head.

"Bella," Cindy patted Bella's shoulder when she was a daze, looked around cautiously, and asked softly, "Do you really date with Mr. Miller?"

Bella said with a helpless expression, "If we're really dating, do you think I still need to come to work at this embarrassing time?"

Cindy nodded. "You did make sense. But, Mr. Miller was obviously going to the Alberson Group to discuss the cooperation between the two parties. he shouldn't appear in the company today. Why did he appear in time to keep your job? Was it just a coincidence?"

Was it just a coincidence?

Bella did not know what he wanted.

Before, Mr. Miller had mentioned to her about the project with Alberson Group.

Alberson Group was mainly engaged in real estate development whose houses were all - decorated. This was indeed a big project for Miller's Company this year.

Isn't it worthwhile for Walker to come back from his business to help her?

Bella didn't want to guess. She collected her thoughts and said, "Bella, I still some documents to organized and I have to work now."

After she finished speaking, she immediately turned back to work.

Bella did not know how Walker's discussion with the company's board was going. However, no one mentioned her to leave.

After work in the evening, Bella turned off the computer and picked up her bag to go home.

"Ah,"

Bella screamed. She had just left the entrance of the company. She was unexpected to being hit by a hard object. There was a stretch from the tip of her nose. When she touched it, it was a rotten egg.

Then all sorts of unknown objects slammed at her, accompanied by malicious curses.

"You, slut. how dare you to come to work, slut." The person scolded and picked up the rotten egg and smashed it to Bella.

"Dead slut, you cheated Tony, the perfect man and now you have an affair with Mr. Miller, go to hell."

The rotten leaves cast to Bella. There was nowhere else to escape. She could only use her slender hands to resist the attack of all kinds of leaves and rotten eggs.

At this moment, she was alone and helpless and from time to time, there was a dirty swearing.

Just then, there was a shuffle of footsteps around her. She was pushed and pushed, accompanied by the scolding of the man and the scream of the woman, she tried to open her eyes to see clearly what had happened in front of her, but she could not open her eyes.

In an instant, the side of her was quiet, the unknown objects that had attacked her were gone, and the scolding of the crazy woman had stopped.

A sense of warmth gradually spread from her back to her whole body. her body was tightly wrapped in a giant suit.

The familiar smell hit the tip of her nose quietly the panicked heart would calm down. She couldn't see it, but her sense of smell was exceptionally sensitive. This was the smell of Mr. Steiner.

Mr. Steiner is here?

Was it him?

The other person gently wiped the dirt on her face with a gentle movement, fearing that it would hurt her.

"It's okay, don't be afraid. I'll send you home. A powerful and deep voice said

When the other man's arm crossed her shoulder, Bella slowly opened her eyes.

No.

Not Mr. Steiner

It was Mr. Miller!

Just now, she thought that the person protecting her was Mr. Steiner.

"Mr. Miller, thank you." Bella widened the distance between her and Walker because now they were too close.

"Don't move; my car is in front of you. Don't let others see your face. otherwise, it's not easy to get out of trouble."

Bella bit her lip. When she thought about what had just happened, she was still a little dazed. Bella had thought that Vanessa just wanted to tarnish her reputation. She didn't know that cyber violence would encourage others to attack her.

She did not struggle and let Walker Miller take care of her until she got into his car.

She thought she could relax after she got home.

However, she never thought that the walls of her house were sprayed with red paint. Many words were cursing on her. Bella could no longer bear it. Her eyes turned red.

"Let's go to the hotel. It's not safe to stay at home." Walker Miller frowned. "Okay." Bella nodded.

Those people were so crazy that when they had found her address, she did not dare to live alone.

Walker Miller sent Bella to the hotel, opened a room for her, and personally sent her to the room.

He told her rapidly and worriedly, "Take a good rest first and don't open the door to anyone. I'll come over to pick you up tomorrow morning. As for the rumors on the Internet, don't worry about it, I'll handle it." 

"Mr.Miller, can I ask you a question?" Bella looked at Mr. miller's eyes. Before Miller agreed, she already asked: "Why are you so good to me?"