↘︎ chapter sixty-seven

67 | The Imperius Curse and the necklace

At the end of the week, Quidditch tryouts were conducted for the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Marley Macmillan's brother, Harry Potter, had become captain. Of course, at the end of tryouts, Katie and Marley were left as Chasers, with Ginny added to their lineup, scoring seventeen goals. Ron remained Keeper because he saved five of five shots and Cormac McLaggen four out of five. The new Beaters were Richie Coote and Jimmy Peaks, who were much better than Sloper and Kirke. Of course, they weren't as good as Fred and George.

September flew by and it came cold October with a lot of rain and cloudy days. The first Hogsmeade visit was soon and Marley couldn't wait for it. On the day of the visit, Marley and Katie went together. It was so cold outside that Marley had died from the cold by the time they reached the village. They quickly stopped to the post office, because Marley had to send out two letters - one for the twins and the other for Angelina. Then they went to the Three Broomsticks to drink Butterbeer.

"Leanne is coming later." said Katie Bell after she had just come with their drinks. "I hope you don't mind I invited her. She was feeling quite lonely this days."

"Of course I don't mind." replied Marley raptly. She was daydreaming again. About how her summer went by, about her strange conversation with Ginny a month and a half ago, or even stuff that had happened years ago - her first coming to the Burrow, the events in her fourth year, how she found out the truth about her father, the Quidditch World Cup...

She thought again of the Quidditch World Cup in '94, which seemed like an eternity to her, but it had passed a little over than two years. It was the Death Eaters's first attack and a sign that Voldemort had indeed returned. It was so enjoyable during the day, the evening of the match in the company of the Bulgarian Minister of Magic, who had a rich vocabulary of curses and swearings.

"You're obviously not listening to me." snapped suddenly Katie Bell, bringing back Marley in the reality. "Were you daydreaming again? I seriously don't know how Lina was used to it."

"Me too." Marley shrugged arms, noticing Harry, Ron and Hermione two tables after them. They were talking about something but Marley wasn't paying attention. In that time the door opened. Heavy cold and stormy wind invaded the warm room, and the next moment a girl with dark hair walked toward them. Leanne in question.

"Hi, Katie. Hey, Marley." greeted Leanne with nice smile.

Marley forced a smile, and although Leanne seemed like a very sweet girl, she internally disliked her. Although she had never spoken to her before and had only heard things from Katie, she still tried not to look at her with bloody bad look.

Leanne and Katie talked around six minutes. Marley was too busy daydreaming again and didn't mind being silent for a while. But when someone shook her shoulder, she strangely looked around and saw Ginny, whose cheeks were pink with cold.

"I need help." she mumbled quietly. Katie and Leanne were looking at her with curiosity; Harry, Ron and Hermione for a moment had stopped talking and in the other end of the room Brooklyn Ray and Noen Black were observing.

"Uhm, fine." Marley said, took her coat and followed Ginny outside the place. She took a glimpse of Noen and Brooklyn, smiling faintly to them who also smiled back. When they stepped outside, the cold flared heavily with Marley and she wrapped herself tightly in her coat. "What's happening? Didn't you have a date with Dean?"

"Yes, he's in Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop." Ginny said, exhaling. A little gray cloud formed in the air. "I left him there, telling him I suddenly remembered I had to send a letter to Mom."