49

Serenity Nicole Newton

"Awn mommy babies." I said cooing in my baby boy Silas Jayce Akers , he was born 3 minutes after my baby girl Sincere Nicole-Zoe Akers.

They're a month old no and yes Cortez is still in a coma. But don't worry i did what i could so he could be there when he wakes up.

"You hungry stinks." I said giving him a bottle of milk as I continued to rock Sincere to sleep. Sincere has my mother middle name before her surgery was a fail. She was doing okay for about month after her surgery but it failed just like her moms and my grandmas. She couldn't make it to see them unfortunately but i'll make sure they know who she is.

I miss her , i just wish i never held a grudge for so long and regret out falling out. Goes to show life is too short. I stopped cooing when I saw Cortezs hand move and eyes flutter. I froze and stared at him making sure i wasn't seeing stuff.

His lips move and he started looking around till his eyes landed on me. As for Little Jahron Valencia mom convinced me to let him live with her, so that's where he been for the past 3 months. I check up on him weekly.

"Babe?" His raspy voice said than he cleared his throat.

"Hold on baby let me go get a doctor." I stood up and walked out the room. They came in and started running test.

"Take it easy Cortez." The doctor said giving him the clear and walking out. He sat up and looked around the room till his eyes landed above his bed. He took down an ultrasound picture than look at our kids than me and sighed.

"Serenity who you fuck?" He asked looking down at me with a blank face.

"No hi babe. What's going on?" I asked tilting my head to the side. "No baby what's these pictures about ?"

He winced from the light so i turned it down , "I'm sorry. Baby what's going on?"

"You've been in a coma for 10 months." He looked at me with sympathetic eyes. "I'm-"

"No baby stop. You don't have to apologize, you didn't shoot yourself or anything. I was strong for the both of us. The day you got shot is when i found out i was pregnant." He nodded telling me to continue.

"I wanted you to wake up and have something from the memories . So every appointment i made sure to hang up ultrasound pictures so you could look at the journey also. For your birthday we threw you a mini birthday party. For the gender reveal we recorded a video and took pictures for you. For labor , we couldn't really record but we took pictures. I didn't walk for my graduation but we had a little ceremony here for you."

"You did this for me?" He asked as tears filled his eyes.

"Yes baby i did. You would do it for me. We had two beautiful kids. Twins a boy and girl so hopefully we don't need to have kids for a while because labor was hard babe." I said handing him a sleepy Sincere.