11 | Bandages

A/N
You might have noticed that there were only twenty 1A students during the quirk apprehension test. I forgot to mention that, for the plot's sake, you got into U.A. instead of Rikido Sato. I'm sorry, Sugarman! :P

---

Battle Training with All Might as your teacher was a dream come true for you. "They say that clothes make the pros, ladies and gentlemen. Behold, you are the proof," All Might's voice boomed as you and the rest of 1-A walked up to him.

Your hero costume was proof to this, too. It wasn't the flashiest, but you were grateful for all the effort your friend Chiharu had put in to help you design it.

"Take this to heart..." All Might continued, "Now, you are all heroes in training. You look so cool! Should we get started, you bunch of newbies?"

After receiving the exercise's instructions, you figured you should soon work out a strategy with your partner, Koji Koda. As you inched closer to him, he turned away from you, too nervous to engage in conversation.

"Hey, Koji, could you possibly tell me how your quirk works?" You began, carefully taking a few steps around him so you could take in his timid face. "You know, so that we can make the most out of my Vitality Transfer quirk, and we win this exercise."

Koji swallowed thickly as your hero costume's boots came into his field of vision.

"It's okay. I won't ask to borrow your life energy, if that's what you're worried about," you reassured him, as the memories of how your classmates had reacted at the Quirk Apprehension Test flashed back into your mind.

Koji shook his head and brought his hands in front of him to explain himself in sign language, but all you could work out was that he seemed more comfortable in your presence than a few minutes ago.

Bringing his hands to his peach-coloured face, Koji let out his voice.

Though no animals came to the sealed room, you understood his quirk as soon as he batted his arms like a bird and put his shaky hands behind his head to give you the impression of a bunny.

"Woah, that's epic. Our quirks are gonna match so well. I can't wait to work by your side." You made a fist in front of you and reached out to the tall boy.

Tentatively, he responded to your fist bump, a shy smile breaking on his lips. He would never forget that you were one of the first people who tried to engage with him at this school.

---

As a couple of teams still needed to do the training exercise before it was your turn, you had some time to spare. Koji had gone off somewhere else, so you looked up at the screen displaying the latest battle until you caught sight of Midoriya on your left.

Because he had only just fought alongside Uraraka, against Bakugo and Iida's team, he was far too busy thinking and muttering to himself to notice you.

"Hi, Deku." You offered him a wave. "Well done on winning on the exercise."

"H-Hey, (l/n). All the best for yours... I can't... um... I can't wait to see your quirk in action." He wrung his hands together, telling himself off for being so awkward.

Yet, you took a step closer to him, deciding to ask him about something which had been weighing in your mind. "Deku, I know this might sound a bit odd, but I think that you knew about me before U.A."

Midoriya's cheeks were tinted with red. "Yeah, I don't want to sound like a creep, but I read about what happened to your father on the news. I was shocked to see how top heroes could damage the people they meant to save. I hope your father's better now."