31

Ruka (3)

"We need to find the Fire Navy Communication Tower! All the Navies movements are coordinated by messenger hawk!" Zuko said. "And every tower has to be up to date on where everyone is deployed."

"So once we find the communication tower, we bust in and take the information we need."

"Not exactly, we need to be stealthy and make sure no one spots us. Or otherwise, they'll warn the Southern Raiders long before we reach them."

"Sokka gave me this that might help." I pulled out the rolled up map from my bag and handed  it to Zuko. He opened it up and scanned it for a bit. He then showed me the map and pointed to where we needed to go. "Here."

I turned to Katara, the back of her facing me. "Keep heading North, Katara. We can't miss it."

After about an hour, we spotted the communication tower. From behind a cliff, we left Appa there and made our way to the other side.

Katara created a platform of ice for us to ride on to the other side. We jumped off it once we reached the top, sneaking our way in.

We managed to get up into the vents and we looked for the room they held maps of deployments.

In the room, there was a soldier painting a picture. With the flick of my hand, I bent the ink from the bowl to spill all on the desk and her hands. She stood up and left the room.

We picked up the vent and jumped down. I kept watch on the door while Katara and Zuko looked for the information.

"Got it." I heard Zuko say. I turned over my shoulder and he pointed to a spot on the map. He looked up to me. "On patrol near Whaletail Island."

"Whaletail island it is then. Let's get out of here." I nudged my head to the vent and Katara quickly walked over. I clasped my hands together, lifting Katara up from her feet. Zuko did the same to me and Katara and I pulled up Zuko by his hand.

>>>

I groggily woke up still on the back of Appa's saddle. The sun was setting and the sky was growing darker.

I yawned as I shook Zuko awake. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. He then pointed to Katara and I nodded, "She hasn't slept."

"You should get some rest. We'll be there in a few hours. You'll need all your strength." Zuko told her.

"No, don't you worry about my strength. I have plenty." She responded. "I'm not the helpless little girl I was when they came."

"I know that, but you should still get some sleep for your health. Just take a small nap, we'll take over." I said.

Katara sighed before nodding slowly. She crawled back to the saddle with me and Zuko took over the reigns.

Katara laid down and hugged herself. I scooted closer to her and gently brushed her head with my hand.

"You should go back to sleep too." Zuko said. I shook my head. "No, I'm not tired. I'll keep you company."

"Are you nervous?" He asked me.

"Honestly?" I sighed. "Yes. I am. I never thought I'd see the man who killed my mother. I never wanted to."

"Why not? I would've."

I shrugged slightly. "I guess I never had the strength to."

"But you do now?"

"I hope so."

>>>

"There. See those Sea Raven flags?" Zuko tossed Katara the telescope. "It's the Southern Raiders."

Katara looked down to me, her face serious and full of revenge. "Let's do this."

Katara created an air bubble around Appa and us as we dove underwater. Getting closer and closer to the ship, I stood up once Appa peaked over the top. I created water whips and grabbed ahold of some of the men. I threw them back over us and we dove again to the other side.

Katara created a large wave over the ship, making most of the men fly overboard. We landed on the deck and hopped off of Appa.

The last man standing fired at us, but using the water on the ship, I created a shield to block the attack then shot the water back at him and threw him over.

We all make our way to find the Captain. To the side of us, the doors open and out comes another soldier. I duck under Zuko and the soldier as Zuko grabs him by the wrists and shoves him back into the room. He slams the door and puts the sword in the handles.

Zuko faces me then gives me a nod and we continue on.

We make it to the main control room and stand outside the shut door.

"This is it?" I looked over to Zuko.

He nodded. "He's in there. Are you ready?"

I took in a deep breath as Katara pushed open the door with her water tentacles. It slammed open and Zuko stepped in first to block the attacks coming from the Captain.

Katara and I step in the more the Captain backs away.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"You don't remember her?" Zuko retorted back. "You will soon, trust me."

Before the Captain could attack again, I watched as he began to struggle to move. The sounds and the way he struggled looked too familiar.

"What's... happening to me!?"

Katara stepped next to me and I widened my eyes at seeing her being the one to control him.

"Katara...?" I breathed out. The only thing she was focused on was controlling the veins inside of him.

"Think back. Think back to your last raid on the Southern Water Tribe." Zuko said.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Please, I don't know."

Zuko kneeled down to him. "Don't lie! You look her in the eye and you tell me you don't remember what you did!"

Katara moved her arms making the Captain get on his knees and face her, just like Zuko said.

As I faced him as well, something didn't feel right. I didn't get a sense of hatred nor sadness. I didn't feel anything toward this man.

"It's not him." My sister's voice was sad. The Captain dropped to the floor on his face. "He's not the man."

"What? What do you mean he's not? He's the leader of the Southern Raiders. He has to be the guy!" Zuko exclaimed.

Katara simply turned around and left the room. 

Zuko grabbed him by his arm and pushed him against the window. "If you're not the man we're looking for, who is?!"

"Zuko, just let it go." I walked over to him and put my hand on his back.

"You must be looking for Yon Rha! He retired four years ago!"

I found myself in front of the Captain now. I grabbed his face, "Where is he?"