12 | Brush

Every student in 1-A started solving the maths problem on the handout, but for you. Staring at the board, disconcerted, you realised that while you had learnt some trigonometry in the past, you had never come across this mystifying topic called 'small-angle approximations'.

You took a peek at Bakugo's notes as he scribbled away next to you, suspecting that you would need to use some sort of formula.

Bakugo arched a sly brow, his crimson eyes narrowing into slits. "Hah? So you've stooped as motherfuckin' low as copying me now, you extra?"

"I only had a quick look at what method we're meant to use," you retorted, tucking an annoying strand of your (h/c) hair behind your ear.

"So you were cheating." Bakugo leaned back on his chair, throwing his arms behind his head. "I thought you'd bloody changed since the entrance exam, (y/n)."

Not wanting the conflict to escalate, you raised your hands as if admitting defeat. "Alright, I've no clue what's going on."

A cocky smirk plastered on his face. It amused him that you weren't afraid to acknowledge your limits when you wanted to improve on something. "You've got no fuckin' sense of shame, have you? I'll help you with maths if you come sit with us at lunch, instead of that damn Deku."

You blew out your cheeks, recognising that there was no way you would survive hanging out with him after school. If your mere presence annoyed him this much, surely you'd be better off if you kept away from him?

Cocking your head left, you rolled your eyes to the right corner of the ceiling. "No offence, but, you know, I think your head would blow up if you tried to teach me."

"What did you just fuckin' say? Are you challengi--" Bakugo shut up as your mathematics teacher hit the back of his head with a textbook. Bakugo fell forwards onto his desk, as the rest of the class watched Ectoplasm in awe.

Ectoplasm's broad, menacing smile showed despite his black helmet covering his entire head. "Watch your language, Bakugo. If any of you have a problem, you ask me."

---

As you placed your tray next to Midoriya's, Bakugo stood up from his place, steam coming out of his ears. Though you didn't notice, Kirishima managed to get him to calm down by restraining him and talking him out of it. Having a rant at you would not be manly at all, the red-haired boy explained.

Todoroki calmly took in this exchange while he ate his cold soba a few seats away from the explosive boy. His eyes darted to you as he thought you were addressing him, but his lips tightened into an unreadable line with the end of your sentence, "Hi, there! Congrats on getting class rep, Deku. You really are amazing."

"H-Hey, (l/n)," Midoriya's green eyes widened as he saw you. "Are you s-sure that... er... I mean, are you sure you won't get into trouble if you sit with us today?" His voicebox tightened, making him let out a sound that wasn't anything short of a squeak as you took a seat next to him.

"Me? Trouble?"

Midoriya scratched his cheek, a sweat droplet rolling down the back of his neck. "Yeah, you know, Kacchan and..."

"Oh, right. Nah, I think things should be fine, as long as I don't call him 'Kacchan' again." You tried brushing any worries away from Midoriya. Containing a laugh, you recalled the first day of school when Bakugo had got so riled up over getting called that name by you. "I don't see why he'd want to help me with maths anyway."

"Well said." Iida leaned forward as he tucked his chair nearer to the table, opposite you. "(l/n) is respecting herself, Midoriya, the same way as you have done when you have stood up to Bakugo."