🔘 Chapter 20: The Alchemy Contest (1)

"So you came from a kingdom with dark magic? I wouldn't have known!"

"Come on Lady Victoria, that is so rude! But seriously though, you look more like someone who has light magic, you look so soft and adorable."

Anastasius' classmates couldn't get enough of him, almost everyone is surrounding him with different questions and impressions. He would just smile at them most of the time when he runs out of words to participate in the conversation.

In the original story, the students ignored him on his first day but they would talk bad about him behind his back. However, the scenario is completely different now and Anastasius doesn't know how to handle the attention.

Some students were praising him because they thought he was cute, some did it because they saw how close he was with the crown prince, while some just didn't like his popularity and decided to trap him with dangerous questions, but of course they couldn't get him because all the answer that he would come up with is a sweet sweet smile.

"Attention everyone, please go back to your respective seats." Clay spoke up when he noticed how uncomfortable Anastasius was getting in the situation. Everyone is scared of him so they all sat down, keeping their complaints inside their closed mouths.

"Thank you." Anastasius whispered. Clay just nodded then turned around once again.

Clay's wish of being Anastasius' classmate became true, and although it doesn't show through his stoice expression, he's more than glad to be of help for his new classmate.

Not much later, their homeroom teacher arrived, she was bubbly and short which gives off the vibe of a friendly person.

"Good morning class, I apologize for my tardiness, I guess you already know our new transfer student so I'm just going to use this time for a different agenda okay?” Anastasius felt relieved seeing that he doesn't need to go through an awkward introduction anymore. He might be a little good with his social skills but he really detest school introductions, since it makes him remember some of his most embarrassing moments during high school in his past life. As for what happened specifically, he decided to just bury those memories in the depths of his past world, never to be brought back again from now on.

"As you may know, our academy holds different contests every month to find and patronize the hidden gems of our school. So for this month's contest, can anyone guess what it's going to be?" The teacher spoke in a teasing tone, obviously playing with her students' hopes and feelings.

"I hope it would be a fashion contest, I would die just to see the crown prince modelling!"

"Oh for it to be a contest of water magic! Just imagining the crown prince all wet in his uniform-"

The whole room was immediately filled with different fantasies coming from the girls about the crown prince, while the guys just groaned as they would have to put up with the prince's popularity once again, stealing the spotlight from them.

"I didn't know Charles is this popular..." Anastasius thought.

"Oh these silly ladies, we already did that last year! Of course this month would be an Alchemy contest! Aren't you all excited?" In the end the teacher told the answer, smirking at the disappointed faces of her spoiled noble students.

"Ugh boring..."

"Well, anything's fine if Prince Charles is participating."

The room was immediately filled with disappointed murmurs, but at least the volume died down a little.

"Wait... did she just say alchemy contest?"

"Yep, why? Don't you know what it is?" Anastasius' seatmate asked.

"Ah no, I- I know what it is, that was just a rethorical question." Anastasius saved himself with a smile, making his seatmate blush 'Why am I blushing? He's a man!'

Anastasius couldn't put his finger on it, he knows there's something important that's going to happen in that alchemy contest, but it's been years since he had last read the book so he couldn't remember it that vividly anymore beside the ending.

🔹🔷🔹

Meanwhile, from the other side of the academy, the crown prince is pacing back and forth for an idea in the upcoming alchemy contest.

At first he just decided to join it per tradition, for as a prince, he is obliged to participate in the academy's activities to keep his feet on the ground and to keep his reputation clear and clean in front of the students and the teachers. But he has different motives now, he badly wants to win because he wants to impress Anastasius.

"I wonder what expression he'll make if I won?"

"Charlie! You were so great! You're really perfect! I love you so much!"

"Really? What should I do... for an adorable little bunny like you to be declaring his love to a wolf without any sense of danger? Should I eat you as a price?"

Of course all of these were just in his imagination, if any of his subordinate sees him right now, wearing a stupidly fond smile, they might call for the head priest to perform an exorcism.

"Okay, I've decided. I will win this competition no matter what."

**
Author's Note:
OH MY YAOI GOD Y'ALL, WE'RE NOW AT 10.5K VOTES AND 206K READS!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH ISTG Y'ALL ARE GONNA MAKE ME CRY FR BUT FIRST OF ALL LEMME JUST SWOOOOON

Because you've been good to me, I'll promise to update this tomorrow ASAP!! You'll meet the heroine in the next chapter so stay tuned my loves!

TAKE CARE TOO!!!