Chapter 14

We rode on the creature as it searched for the scent. The entire journey I clenched onto Zuko trying not to fall off the beast which was getting progressively more difficult as we got closer to the scent. We barged into a abbey as the creature smelled around. The women who lived there looked frantic and panicked.
"We're getting close..." June muttered

It wasn't long until we reached the end of the scent trail. The beast jumped down to the path where the waterbender and her brother walked.
"So this is the girl your girlfriend got in a fight with? No wonder she got away she's way to strong looking"
Zuko jumped off the animal and looked around, no avatar.

"Where is he? Where is the Avatar?"

"We split up.. he's long gone" the watertribe boy answered protecting his sister.

I stood behind Zuko as he grew more upset.
"How stupid do you think I am?"

"Pretty stupid.... RUN!" the watertribe boy grabbed his sister and scattered. But, they were quickly stopped by the crack of the beast's owner's whip.

"What are we supposed to do now?" Zuko questioned frustrated.

"It's seeking a different scent.. perhaps something that the Avatar held" June replied as her creature stiffed the Avatar's water tribe accomplices.

It settled on a dusty scroll and we began to follow it's lead.
Once again we burst into the abby as I held onto Zuko for dear life. The beast moved to the center of the abby and walked in a circular formation.

"What's it doing? Its just going in a circle?" Zuko questioned.

We looked up to see the Avatar soaring on his glider through the clear blue sky.

"Crafty..." I thought just before the creature got on its hind legs causing us all to tumble off. I layed on the ground stiffened.

"Aang.." the waterbender girl muttered in shock.

"Up" the blackhaired girl whipped her animal to stand up to go after the avatar. But before the creature could get to the Avatar, it got absolutely poned by the Avatar's air bison. Zuko helped me up before we both approached the Avatar.

Zuko's fist gave off a rash flame as a warning sign. Zuko stepped forward and firebended towards the Avatar. The pair grunted heavily in a battle of Air versus fire. It quickly ended in an explosion causing both benders to crash into the abbey roof.

Iroh ran over to June as I ran over to Zuko. He didn't even waste any time and chased over to the Avatar before I could even ask if he was okay. Around me the sky bison and the beast battled while the Avatar and Zuko did the same. I stepped back, startled and unsure of what to do. I decided the best course of action is to wait at the sidelines for the fights to finish.

Iroh and I quietly slipped in a few perfumes into our pockets for.... "safekeeping". The ship always smelled anyway so this should help, I smiled. Soon the Avatar's friends poured perfume at the creature causing it to become disoriented and confused. It lashed it's tongue everywhere hitting Zuko and June.

"June no!" Iroh panicked laying by her. Dam that man is smooth. The creature then hit me and I fell into Zuko's arms. I blushed slightly frazzled as Zuko looked over.

"Uncle? I didn't see you get hit with the tongue?" Zuko said confused.
"Shhhhh" Iroh replied grinning as June held onto him. Iroh got mad game man.....