Chapter seven | What's wrong with me

When Valerie opened her eyes she was in a different place then before. The place was empty and completely pitch black.

"MAX!" she called out her heart racing as a hand grabbed her and threw her to the ground. She looked up to see a girl around her age. She looked almost familiar but Valerie knew she had never seen her before.

"They can't help you in here," the girl said standing over Valerie. Valerie once again tried to stand but the girl pushed her back down then got to the ground and straddled her waist making Valerie unable to move.

"who the hell are you?"

"oh you don't remember me?"

"I've never seen you in my life,"

"life? such a special thing, that you took from me,"

"I DON'T KNOW YOU."

"but you do, you're the one who trapped me,"

"trapped you where?"

"here," the girl pointed towards Valerie's head which only made Valerie more confused

"I'm sorry for whatever I did but I can't help you,"

"oh but you can, at least know that your mind basically abandoned your body its mine for the taking,"

"never," using all her strength Valerie kicked the girl off her and stood up

"whatever you do Valerie you can't beat me, your mind left your body that woke me up and I don't plan on going to sleep not until you're dead," The girl rushed towards Valerie putting her hands on Valerie's head. A steering pain filled Valerie as she feel to the ground passing out.

"VALERIE!" she opened her eyes and looked up to see the familiar blue eyes staring down at her "oh my god you're okay," The girl tried to pull Valerie into a hug but she dodged it.

Valerie stood up breath heavily with one hand resting on her chest as her heart beated rapidly pounding against her hand. Her vision was blurry clouded with tears. She watched as Max began to walk over to her but before she could get any closer Valerie turned and ran across the field and into the trees ahead. She ran until her knees began to ache and her sides started cramping.

She slide down the side of a big tree and let out a heartbreaking sob. She curled up with her knees to her chest and sat there crying for what felt like hours until she heard a twig snap. Her head shot up and she could feel someone's eyes staring at her "Who's there?" she call out turning in all directions.

She heard leaves crunch behind her and turned to see a girl with short curly hair and a big jacket staring at her "uh hi," she waved at the girl wiping away her tears. The girl just stared at her weirdly before turning and walking away "well that was weird," Valerie said out loud

Not wanting to go home she walked quickly back to the school hoped on her bike and rode to the only place she wanted to be. She set her bike along side the house and knocked quietly on the window. After a few seconds Max slide open her window relieved to see Valerie standing there.

"hello Clyde," Valerie said slightly embarrassed "can you walk with me I don't really want to be alone right now?" Max nodded and left to lock her door before climbing out the window.