{44}

Inside Taehyung's grandparents' mansion, they find Hyun seated in a large chair, smoking, wearing a surprised expression at their arrival. On the opposite chair sits his wife, Naomi, adorned with gold rings and a lingering desire for more, despite having plenty. Taehyung's blood boiled intensely.

"hello, Hyun." Hyun looked at him in the eyes, he stood up walking to him.

"what makes you say my name?" he asked looking at him carefully. His wife titled her head towards them, feeling uneasy.

"Why does it matter?" he retorted sharply. Taehyung drew his gun and aims it at Hyun's head. The guards swiftly pulls their guns too, aiming at Taehyung. What Hyun feared had come true. Taehyung knows everything now. "If I were your real grandson, they wouldn't have aimed their guns at me. Right, Baek Hyun?" Now, Hyun's face was pale, and Taehyong's expression remained unemotional.

"Shoot him!" he shouted to his guards, but before they could act, the Jeon guys shot them first. ".. No.." he mumbled to himself. His wife ran away to God knows where, frantically packing her belongings, gold, and some money she had stolen from her husband.

"Thinking of running away?" Taehyung said when the others came inside. Hyun saw him, his eyes full of hate.

"Hello, Baek Hyun," Junghae greeted him. Hyun clenched his teeth, he wanted that man dead.

"You bastard." he whispered. Then Juan came with his other fellow teams.

"now, now. The war is going to be lit. Isn't it?" Minjun said looking at Juan. Juan knew he was alive but did not expect him to show up. Juan was Mark's father.

"surely it's going to be wild, Minjun." Juan responded, cracking his neck.

~

"Chan, you've got me all confused! Give me the right directions!" Namjoon shouted at Chan, who was equally puzzled by the instructions. Y/n and Jimin couldn't contain their laughter. Eventually, they reached their destination, parked the car, and got out.

"Who are you?" the security of the penthouse asked.

"I'm Y/n, the daughter of Min Ying. His brother is Minjun, and your boss has sent his guys with him to fight the Baeks." The security let them inside.

"Please, follow me." One of the maids led them to their boss's office. After knocking on the door, she opened it.

"Hello there. I heard you are Ying's daughter." His back was facing them.

"True," said Y/n, trying to see his face, and finally did.

"I'm Jeon Hanseyo," he greeted her with a smile. Despite his young age, he held the title of the world's most dangerous gang boss, instilling fear in both people and other mafia gangs. This young girl had the audacity to address him directly, a feat few dared to attempt.

"Pleasure meeting you, sir," she said politely. His chuckles filled her ears.

"Oh, please, call me Hanseyo, Min Y/n," he suggested. She smiled warmly at him. Meanwhile, Namjoon and Chan remained silent the whole time, daring not to say a word.

"This is Namjoon, and this is my cousin, Chan, who found out about the important thing he wanted to tell you." The old man nodded, waiting for him to speak. After explaining everything, the older man expressed his willingness to help them, finding an unexpected joy in meeting his enemy.

"Thank you for sharing this. I'll make sure to repay the favor." he replied.

"Well, the only favor we seek is your help against Hyun. That would be enough for us." Namjoon agreed with Y/n's sentiments.

"Let's go then," the man smiled softly. As they began to leave, Y/n noticed a picture hanging on the wall beside the door. She stepped closer and saw that portrayed a small boy standing next to a tall, unknown man, whose head was mysteriously cut off in the photo.

"This young man is my grandson, Jungkook." Her neck nearly snapped as she swiftly turned her head toward him.

"What?!" Both Namjoon and Y/n exclaimed at the same time.

"Yes, indeed, it is Jungkook!" Namjoon affirmed after getting a clear look at the boy in the picture.

"Do you know him?" the man inquired.

"Yes, he... He saved me." Y/n sounded sad. Namjoon gently patted her back, offering comfort.

"Did something happen to him?" the older asked again, his face was full of worries.

"Well, he is taken care of now. I hope nothing happens to him." said Y/n.

"Don't worry. He is a strong man like me." He smiles a proud smile.

Flashback

"Are you going to kill your own son, father?" Jungkook's father was drunk but a bit sober. He was on his knees, begging. Crying. Stinks of drugs, alcohol and blood. Jeon Hanseyo's gun was tight in his grip. It was pointed right at his brutal son's head. Hanseyo drove to his son's house as long as possible after hearing the news that he sold his son to someone. Filled with anger, he discovered his son was involved in drugs, and killed his wife and causing harm to his kid. "Father—" Hanseyo pulled the trigger. Despite the love for his grandson, Jungkook, he doest't feel any regrets for shooting his own son.

Present

Hanseyo kept his past concealed. Upon learning that Jungkook worked for Baek, he felt a mix of anger and satisfaction—an opportunity to spill the blood of his enemy and reclaim Jungkook. Observing the success of his plan now brought him even greater joy. Hanseyo held a deep admiration for Minjun, appreciating his size, fearlessness, and strength. Minjun deserved to collaborate with him. Hanseyo was aware to Minjun's entire story, revealing that Minjun's father had been his good friend, although they hadn't crossed paths since Hanseyo ascended to the role of boss.

~

The fight and the shootings is big. Everyone is fighting. Bruise on everyone's face. Each has their own weapon. They fight like wild animals. There came a huge explosion through the door. Everyone paused, staring at each one one. The smokes had overcome their sight. It was difficult to see. Minjun knew who it was, and awaited his boss's arrival. He steps in. The most wanted powerful mafia. The most fearless man.

"Hello there, Hyun. " one greeting and that made Hyuns face pale. His legs shaking. He didn't say anything. Even Hyuns guard was scared of them. The guys were buffs. Taehyung saw the murder of his parents sneaking outside. He followed Juan to the park.

"I thought I'm going to be satisfied finding out who the real murder of my parents looks like. But all I feel is disgust. As Taehyung spoke, Juan knew he was after him and knew who he was talking about, him. "I will forgive and forget. Anything to say?" Taehyung gets his gun ready. He loads it and grips it tightly.

"My parents raised you. They fed you. They made you live in rich."

"They made me live in a lie!" Taehyung shouts, his nostrils flaring. "Juan, you have two choices: go to jail, pay for what you've done, and live a well, happy life with your son. Or die right here and now."

"Screw my son! He is nothing like me anymore! I would rather kill you right here and now." Taehyung notices Mark in the corner of his eye and locks eyes with him. Mark nods, an approval to proceed with shooting his father. Taehyung understands that Mark can't harbor any love for his father considering what he has done to Mark's childhood and his mother. Juan is a bad guy who can never change.

"Tell my son, Mark, to die too if he can't ascend after my place and uphold the Baeks' name," Juan declared sarcastically. Mark showed himself to his father. Juan wide his eyes and a hatred expression came over.

"I won't carry that name any longer. I'll be the last one standing with that label." With that, Mark began to distance himself.

"Come here, you son of a bitch! You'll never achieve your dreams. I curse you!" Taehyung shook his head in disbelief.

As Taehyung prepared to pull the trigger, someone else beat him to it.