Broken Love

Y/n pouts her lips out, head tilting to outline her jaw as she poses, checking out her reflection in the back of the shiny spoon. Jimin's little glasses sit on the tip of her nose and she could not help but get awestruck at how pretty she looked in them. If only she had a device where she could freeze this look and secure it away.

Will future humans succeed enough to invent such a device? If yes, then she would love to know the name of it and how it would work.

She was hiding in her chamber at the moment, she had planned to steal Jimin's glasses after she witnessed him wearing them yesterday as he worked away at his table. She just needed a few minutes with them so she could check them out on herself.

Guess they are right when they say she is one of the most beautiful woman one can lay out on and she agrees. I mean have you looked at her? She could take over the lands of royalties if she wa--

She suddenly flinched when the wooden portal of her chamber jerked open and she threw the spoon in her hand somewhere in the room while hurriedly taking off Jimin's glasses and hid them in a secure place.

She whips around and finds Taehyun breathing roughly behind her, as if he had been running. Her brows furrowed in confusion and the moment the young boy raised his head up to link eyes with her, her heart stopped in her chest.

Multiple scars kissed the young features of his face, hair a mess, and shirt torn from one of the shoulders. Y/n took a step forward, eyes widening with worry

"What..."

"T-They took him away.." He whispered, sniffling loudly as tears fell down from his eyes.

Y/n's breath hitched in her throat, eyes wide and still.

Him.. Yeonjun. He is talking about him.

"They took him away." This time, he said it out loud. "They hung him up on the highest mast to punish him. He is going to die." Taehyun cried out, more tears falling like waterfalls on his chubby cheeks.

Y/n's mind blanks out for a second, the floor being wiped away from under her feet. Punished.. he is going to die.. no..

The realization came rushing back to her and a second passed before she finds herself running. Running past Taehyun and out of the door. Her dress tangled with her legs and dragged down under her feet but she ignored it all and ran towards the centre of the ship. Her body whipped around to face the front and she looked up at the darkening sky. Her eyes immediately land on the figure who stood tied to the thick wood, head lolled to the side and energy missing from his muscles.

He looked unconscious and Y/n watched with horror as the bundle of black crows circle around the sky, impossibly flying closer to the boy. The only thing that stopped them from attacking were the large sails that directed the ship further with the help of the wind.

The sails will be folded tomorrow morning before they arrive in the kingdom finally. And that is the time where there will be more birds lingering around the sky.

Her breathing got heavy, heart squeezing in her chest at the state Yeonjun was in. She promised to keep him safe and alive.

Her eyes welled up with tears and she turned to face Taehyun who continued to cry, hiding his face in his arm.

"When did they.." She could not hear her own voice. It sounded small and breathless. It hurts.

Taehyun sobbed, pulling away to wipe his eyes but his tears did not stop. "This m-morning.. when everyone was asleep.."

A tear fell down her cheek. "It is alright, T-Taehyun. We will get him down.."

"It is no use, noona. No one gets down from there. Those crows will rip him off in seconds." A choke leaves past his lips as he wails for his friend.