[53]

Dom's POV:

I wake to find my wife no longer beside me. In a panic, I jump up and grab my briefs before making my way down the hall thinking the worst after everything that happened last night. I reach the living room and that's where I find her, wrapped in a blanket on the couch looking out at the view of the ocean.

"What are you doing up already?" I question

She turns to face me "I just woke up and couldn't get back to sleep."

I look at her for a moment and grin "Your hair, I didn't notice last night because it was all pulled up, you've cut it"

"Do you like it?" she questions as she looks down then back up at me

"You look hot as fuck" I smirk and make my way over to her and sit down pulling her into my lap "Besides, there is still enough to pull" I smirk against the skin of her neck as I pull her by her hair closer to me

"Dom" she giggles and pushes me back "stop that"

"What? A man can't try and take advantage of his wife" I smirk once more

"A man can do whatever he likes to his wife, as soon as we've talked about last night"

"Anything?" I smirk at her

"Anything" she raises a brow

"Fine, what do you want to talk about?"

"How are you feeling this morning?"

"Amazing, now is that all?" I lean in and kiss her neck

"Domiano" she scolds

"Fine," I huff once more "what do you want me to say?"

"I just want you to tell me how you're really feeling."

"I don't know, it's all still new to me." I admit "I meant what I said to you last night it felt like that was our only way out of looking over our shoulders for the rest of our lives, but I'm still so confused, I mean Cara was pregnant to him? Really? They were going to bring an innocent child into their messed up games." I shake my head "I'm not mad that they were together in fact I'm not even surprised but I truly don't understand what happened to him, he wasn't always like that-" I look down "at least I didn't think he was, but maybe he was because look how he treated my mother behind closed doors"

"Hey." Alena raises my chin, making me look at her once more. "It's okay to still have good memories with him as well, it's okay to be confused and hurt, I just want you to talk to me when you need to, that's all I ask"

"And I promise you that if I start to get down about it, or angry or any other emotion my beautiful wife will be the first person I come to" I press a kiss to her lips. "Now then, you did promise whatever I want" I smirk as I stand up and throw her over my shoulder carrying her back to the bedroom once more.

It's dinner time before we venture out of the bedroom and the only reason we do is because Layla and Franco are coming over so we can spend time with them before they leave for Italy once more.

Alena makes her way down the hall dressed in a flowing maxi dress and no shoes, her messy, now lighter and much shorter hair is out and messy and her beautiful face is free from make-up.

Ding dong

"I'll go and get that." I tell her as she checks the oven for the food.

After dinner, Franco and I excuse ourselves from the table, while Alena and Layla sit on the couch, Alena nursing Marco.

Franco and I make our way downstairs and into the bar area, where I grab us both a drink from the fridge

"You doing okay?" I question Franco

"I'm okay, I just feel so angry with myself"

"It was his life or mine fratello remember that." I remind

"No, not about that, you know I'd always choose your life over anything, I just I feel so guilty because," he sighs and looks down "I cried last night, after Layla and Marco got off to sleep, I sat in the living room of the apartment and I cried, I cried for him, a man who hated me my entire life and I feel so guilty for crying, I shouldn't care"

"You don't need to feel bad Franco, like Alena said to me, it's okay to feel sad about it he was still our Papa and we had good times as well, we're part him Franco, I get it"

"And you?"

"I'll admit it's hard to come to terms with, it's hard to know that we'll never re-build a relationship or that he won't have a funeral held for him, but I have to move on. If he didn't come here none of this would have happened, if he didn't try to take me out, this wouldn't have happened, this was all his doing, and part of me feels guilty too, I feel guilty that I'm relieved I don't have to look over my shoulder for the rest of my life"

"Yeah, me too." Franco nods

"Come on Fratello." I pull him in for a hug.

After a few beers and games of pool, we make our way back upstairs to the girls who we left watching TV and chatting.

When we reach the living room I smile as I watch Alena who is still holding Marco in her arms. "Look how cute you are." She says softly as runs her index finger along his cheek gently "you must have took after your uncle Dom" she giggles softly

"Or his mother, hello" Layla giggles

"I think you'll find he takes after his Papa" Franco smirks as he makes his way into the room and sits down next to Layla who snuggles up to him right away

"Do you want to hold your nephew?" Alena asks as she looks up at me

I make my way over and sit down, she shows me how to hold my arms and places him down in my arms "support his neck" she says softly

I smile down at him, Alena is right he's really cute. After a while he begins to stir and opens his brown eyes looking up at me "Hey little man, you're awake" I talk to him softly, he stares at me, his eyes moving around my face as if he's trying to work our who I am. "I'm your uncle Dom," I tell him softly, talking to him in a baby voice without even realizing it.

I look over at Alena who is biting down on her bottom lip as she watches me, I know that look.

"We should probably get going, he'll want a feed and a diaper change soon" Layla stands up and takes Marco from me. "We'll come by tomorrow though."

I stand up and say my goodbyes, as does Alena and we walk them to the door. I lock it behind them, and then back to Alena. The second I'm facing her once more she presses her lips to mine and pulls my shirt from over my head

"Alena" I smirk as she kisses down my neck

"You have no fucking idea how hot you look holding a baby" she mumbles as she kisses my neck

I pick her up and carry her to the downstairs lounge room, throwing her down on the couch. "Yeah? Let's do something about that then."