Eli & Aeryn: Fifty Four

• Dedicated to the beautiful readers <3

E: "Don't come in yet!"

A: "Eli, what am I supposed to do? I can't just stand out here like an awkward stalker, hurry up!"

E: "Yelling through a closed door makes you look even more awkward and stalker-ish! I asked you to go and make yourself pretty, there's something to do."

A: "I am insulted." 

E: "Oh, I mean - er - not that you don't always look pretty. You're always exceptionally pretty - um - I mean-"

A: "I'm just kidding, Eli, but I can almost feel the ghost of your blushing cheeks right next to me."

E: "Hey!"

A: "Oh, by the way, I used your money to buy the dress I'm wearing."

E; "You did what?"

A: "You said to go shopping and make myself look pretty, although we have just established I apparently always look exceptionally so-"

E: "Shhhh."

A: "-but you didn't specify in what way I should pretty myself and with what I should shop. So I took the initiative and borrowed - the term 'borrowed' used loosely here - your money."

E: "That's a very eloquent way of saying you stole from me."

A: "Indeed."

E: "Y'know, you probably look awfully weird out there talking to a door."

A: "I wouldn't be if you would hurry up your cooking."

E: "The art cannot and will not be rushed."

A: "Eli-"

E: "I'm done!"

A: "Thank God!"

Relieved, she pushed the chalet door open, but she only managed to take one step inside before she froze and her eyes widened in surprise. In the middle of what before was a pokey living room, there was a big, square blanket layed on the floor surrounded by dozens of candles in a large circle. In the middle of the blanket there were two mini stools with trays on top, holding glasses of wine-looking ribena and two plates of steaming roast chicken dinners.

Sat cross-legged on the floor next to his creation, he began to smile sheepishly up at her before his mouth fell open.

E: "You-"

A: "Oh my gosh, Eli!"

E: "The dress-"

A: "This is, oh-"

E: "You look-"

A: "You did all this for me?"

E; "Your dress, you-"

A: "Oh, um, I'm sorry I spent your money, I will take it back after this, I just-"

E: "No!"

A: "Huh?"

E: "Don't take it back. Ever. You look a million times whatever that dress cost."

He stood then, and beamed widely at her. He reached for her hand, tugging her forward and back down to the ground. She flushed, the redness of her cheeks illuminated faintly by the waving candlelight.

A: "If these candles set this dress on fire I'll murder you."

E: "I technically paid for it anyway."

A: "Irrelevant."

E: "That's my word."

A: "Oops."