Croatoan

Dean walks down a dim hallway, grimly, turning towards a door and pulling out a gun. He slides out the clip, taps it on the gun, then replaces it. Inside the room, there is a Crater Lake poster on the wall. Below it is a young blond man, Duane, tied to a chair.

Nearby are a young woman, Pam, and her twin brother, Pete, a middle-aged woman, Dr. Lee, and a tough-looking black man, Mark, all standin around looking around nervously. Duane looks up as Dean opens the door and enters, raising the gun.

"No, no, no, no, no, you're not gonna...no, I swear! It's not in me!" Duane stammers, frantically. "Oh God." Pam said, fearfully. "We're all gonna die." Pete said, panicked. "Maybe he's tellin' the truth." Mark said as Dean advanced toward Duane, cocking his gun.

"He's not him, not anymore." Dean said. "No, stop it! Stop it! Ask her, ask the doctor! It's not in me!" Duane pleads, frantically. "I just...I can't tell." Lee said, unsure. "No, please, don't. Don't. I swear, I..." Duane pleads to Dean.

"I got no choice." Dean said and Duane starts sobbing. "I swear, it's not in me, it's not in me! Don't, don't. Please!" Duane pleads until Dean fires twice.

I had my head buried in my pillows, thinking that this would help with the pain in my head. I let out a pained groan when I heard something crash. I look up, slowly, to see that the lamp on the bed side table had knocked over and broke on the floor, somehow.

I look over at the other side of the bed and see that Sam was laying on the floor, groaning in pain. "Sam..." I whispered when I hear the the door open. I look up to see Dean had entered chewing on jerky and carrying a six-pack of beer.

He stops and looks at us as me and Sam sit up, panting. "Guys?" Dean asked, concerned. "No..." Sam whispers as I give a fearful look towards Dean.

Dean was driving while Sam was navigating with a GPS device, which speaks directions. "Continue on O-R Two-Two-Four West." The GPS said. "There are only two towns in the US named Rivergrove." Sam said.

"How come you guys are so sure it's the one in Oregon?" Dean asked as that Oregon poster pops up in my minds eye. "There was a picture. Crater Lake." I said and Sam nods. "She's right." He said.

"Okay, what else?" Dean asked. "I saw a dark room, some people, and a guy tied to a chair." Sam said. "Yeah, me too." I said. "And I ventilated him?" Dean asked. "Yeah. You thought there was something inside him." I said to him.

"What, a demon? Was he possessed?" He asked us. "I don't know." Sam and I said, in unison. "Well, all your weirdo visions are always tied to the Yellow-Eyed Demon somehow....so was there any black smoke? Did we try to exorcise it?" Dean said.

"No." I said.

"Nothing, you just plugged him, that's it." Sam said.

"Well, I'm sure I had a good reason." Dean said. "I sure hope so." I muttered. "What does that mean?" Dean asked as he looks up at the rearview mirror at me but I don't reply to him.

"I mean, I'm not gonna waste an innocent man." Dean said and Sam and I raise an eyebrow at him. "I wouldn't!" Dean exclaims. "Never said you would!" Sam said to him. "Fine!" Dean yells. "Fine!" Sam shouts back at him and I sigh.

"Look, we don't know what it is. But whatever it is, that guy in the chair's a part of it. So let's find him, and see what's what." I said as I look between the boys. "Fine." Dean growls. "Fine." Sam and I said and we sit in silence as Dean continues driving down the road.

We pull into the town, passing a large billboard advertising Crater Lake. We pull up in front of a wooden shop; out front the older man from my vision is cleaning a rifle; he wears a short-sleeved blue shirt with a multi-pocket brown vest.