36| A NEW FELIX PACK

Prosperity and happiness was something the Felix Pack hadn't know for a long time. When their old Alpha died and his unwanted daughter took over, things were different. Celeste didn't know the pack very well, but she did her best to get to know everybody. She wanted to make sure everybody felt happy and good under her control.

She could only imagine what they went through with such a tyrant as their leader.

Today marked the fifth month she had been here and the Pack looked completely different from the last time Edward had been there. They had made an agreement so that she could stay there for a while, to handle things while he went back home.

They hadn't seen each other for a very long time. Almost two months since their short outing in New York.

Being away from each other was so hard and Edward was happy that today was the day he would take her home. He arrived at the pack borders and once he entered, a pride filled his chest. His Celeste managed to make a dying pack, a wealthy and happy one.

"Edward!", she ran towards him as soon as she saw him approaching the packhouse.

They embraced each other tightly. He cupped her face and kissed her deeply. He had missed her so much. It was hard being away from him. He was happy that it would be over soon and they would be back together.

"How have you been?", she asked once they pulled away.

Her blue eyes were shining with excitement and he wanted to kiss her again. She was so beautiful that it made his heart flutter. He brushed her cheek with his thumb.

"Busy. Although I'm excited now, because my Cece is coming home with me",

She giggled and pulled him inside of the Pack House. A lot has changed since last time he had been there. The walls were redecorated and the entire place looked very nice. Celeste brought the Pack back to life. People who passed them looked so happy and well.

"You did a great job here", Edward complimented her.

"Its my duty as Alpha, you know", she grinned proudly.

Alpha Celeste of the Felix Pack. It still felt surreal to her but Edward had told her plenty of times that it suited her. She was a born leader, as he put it.

"Where's Gabriel?", he asked wondering about her little brother.

They entered her office and there he was. He was talking with Carsten, the newly appointed Beta. They looked up when they saw the couple and went to greet Edward.

"Celeste missed you a lot", Gabriel chuckled.

Edward smiled and patted his back. The boy was now a man. He had trained hard and it was visible in his newly formed muscles.

"Alpha, everything's settled and all ready", Carsten told Celeste.

"Thank you, Carsten", she smiled.

She sat down one last time in the chair. Everything she did, she could feel her father's presence. It took her a while to get over his death, it was harder than she excepted it. For months she felt guilty but being in the Pack made her realise how bad of a person and Alpha he was. The people were malnourished and not taken care of.

They were grateful for her. It helped her move past his death.

"I'll be here once a month and if there's an emergency-",

"We'll inform you right away. Don't worry, Celeste. You're leaving the Pack in safe hands", Gabriel assured her.

She sighed and stood up. He pulled her in for a hug. It was scary for both of them. Gabriel never thought he would ever be Alpha or replacing Alpha. That was always the role that his older brother would take on. Sadly, Elijah was gone.

"The car is ready", Arthur walked in.

He looked less scrawny but you still had the need to protect him. Celeste has sugared him these past months because she was so fond of him. Seeing him before she was going to leave, made her feel emotional.

"Take care of him, please", she told Gabriel as she pulled Arthur in for a tight hug.

"Always", he replied steadily.

He was the only brother he had left. He made a promise to Elijah to protect Arthur with his life and he always wil.

"Will you visit his grave one last time with me?", Arthur asked looking up at his older sister.

A silence filled the room. Celeste looked at Edward, who nodded. They had time, he assured her. So she nodded and took his hand.

/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

In loving memory of Elijah Jackson.

Celeste place down a white rose and laid her arm around Arthur. She remembers his funeral. It was a small one. He didn't have many friends because of his father not allowing him to go out.

Yet the people that showed up clearly cared for him. He had a loyal and loving circle around him. Celeste was grateful for that.

"He would be very proud of you", Arthur spoke up.

"As he would of you. If he could see you know, I'm sure he would beam with pride", she told him.

She was serious. He had helped her around the pack and did excellent in school. He was mentaining a healthy weight. He was growing stronger by the passing days.

"Thank you for being my sister", he took her by surprise.

When she looked at him, tears were filling his eyes. She pulled him to him and kissed his forehead.

"I love you, buddy",