55

"Are you hungry?"

You look over at Yoongi and watch him blush while avoiding your gaze, Maki's hands tugging on his sweatshirt.

"I can heat me some food up Y/N-ah you don't have to cook."

"Or I could just heat all of us up some food, it's about time for Maki's dinner anyway."

"O-Okay..."

Quickly standing up off of the couch you grab Mali's baby harness and begin strapping it on your body, Yoongi's face twisting in confusion.

"What?-"

"MA!"

Maki quickly leaves her fathers side and makes her way over to the edge of the couch while sitting back and reaching for you, her mouth stretching into a deep gummy smile that matches her fathers.

"Alright come on Miss Maki."

Carefully lifting Maki off of the couch you sit her down in the harness and grin when you see her begin kicking her legs with excitement.

"You wear her?"

"Y-Yeah! She likes to watch me cook...we make every meal together like this...plus she's my taste tester as well!"

"Oh...alright then...I'm going to do a little work if that's alright..."

"Yeah go ahead! I'm just going to heat something up real quick, nothing fancy."

Shyly making your way to the kitchen you bounce lightly so Maki coos with happiness while opening the fridge and looking around, a lightbulb going off in your head.

I can make rice and sweet potatoes....Maki loves sweet potatoes too so that works out perfectly!

"Alright Miss Maki lets get to cooking!"

"Ma!"

"Ma is right!"

I hope Yoongi likes it...

This is the first time we'll all be eating dinner together I guess...

............................

"Mmm!"

"Mmmm is that good?"

You don't notice Yoongi staring at you the whole time you sit in front of Maki's high chair carefully giving her bites of the warm mashed sweet potatoes, her cheeks puffing up with each bite.

"Aigoo look at your cheeks Miss Maki!"

She giggles and gently smacks her hands on the plastic tray as you look over at Yoongi, who suddenly looks away from you and takes a bite.

"Do you like it?...if you don't I can make something else-"

"I love it Y/N-ah. I'm just a little distracted is all."

Oh...he must be thinking about his song he's trying to write...

Poor Yoongi...he already works so hard...

"I never knew Maki liked sweet potatoes so much."

"Well...she doesn't really like ACTUAL sweet potatoes....I put some butter and brown sugar in them to make them a little sweeter so she'll eat them..."

"Wow...that's really smart."

"Now she gets excited everytime I get the sweet potatoes out because she knows she's going to get the sweet ones...I make sure to feed her some nutritional baby food though that way she still gets nutrition..."

"Maki doesn't like my food...everytime I try to feed her now she just refuses until she can tell you made it."

Giving Yoongi a warm smile you take a bite of food yourself before giving Maki another one, your expression softening even further watching her.

"I'm happy she enjoys my cooking..."

"Where did you learn to cook?"

You suddenly look down and grow shy while swallowing hard and trying to avoid Yoongi's questioning gaze.

"I um...I just kind of learned along the way I guess...most of the recipes I cook are just old one...anyone can cook them."

"Not like you though, you can tell you put heart into your cooking."

All you can muster is a half-hearted smile before you wipe Maki's face off and stand up, tenderly pulling the kitchen apron off of your body.

"Thank you Yoongi...that's really sweet of you..."

I've heard that only once before...

The one time I ever got praise from anyone about anything...

"Maki's getting tired, I'm going to go lay her down."

"Y-Yeah! Thank you...you don't have to Y/N-ah.."

"I like it...so don't worry about it Yoongi."

"Alright...."

This is the first time I get to put Maki to bed....

.................................

"Alright...Maki is put down so...I think I'll head to bed...."

"Ah, alright."

"Are you sure Yoongi I can stay out here on the couch so you can have your bed-"

"Y/N-ah. Rest well."

Letting out a flustered sigh you let your shoulders relax and give him a mischievous grin, his gaze glittering with playfulness.

"Rest well Yoongi."

Walking into the bedroom you allow your tired body to fall amongst the soft sheets and thick comforter that cradle you in it's cool embrace, Yoongi's musky wood scent drifting to your nose and filling your senses.

Mmmm...Yoongi smells so good...

He smells like warmth...like on a cold winter day when you go outside and smell the sharp scent of the first snow....

Ryun always smelled like expensive cologne and alcohol...but Yoongi doesn't smell anything like that...he smells comfortable...like something worth holding on to with your very last breath....

I bet Maki's mother got to smell like this everyday...why would someone give something like this up?

I can't understand it...

A beautiful babygirl...a man that chooses you over everything in the world...you can tell that Yoongi loved her a lot...because he always has this sadness come over him when he looks at Maki...almost like he sees a future that was supposed to be...

I'm so curious...I want to know....

Tugging the comforter over you and burrowing yourself as far down in the bed as you can you look out the window and gaze at the full moon in the sky, a sense of warmth washing over your entire body.

I wish this moment could last forever...

I'm used to sleeping in a bed all by myself...I've been doing it almost my whole life...but being in this bed...being surrounded by Yoongi's scent...it makes me feel like someone is actually here....

Like I'm not...so alone....

(A/N): Everyone make sure to wish adaralg a happy birthday 😘🥰💜 We love her bunches 💜💜💜