Hunted

"Before Dad died he, he told me something — something about you two." Dean said to us. "What?" Sam asked but he doesn't respond. "Dean, what did he tell you?" I asked. "He said that he wanted me to watch out for you, to take care of you." Dean said. "He told you that a million times." Sam said. "He also wanted me to watch out for (y/n)." Dean added.

"Why?" I asked. "He said that I had to save you two." Dean said. "Save us from what?" Sam asked. "He just said that I had to save you two, that nothing else mattered; and that if I couldn't, I'd..." Dean stops as his jaw sets and he swallows.

"You'd what, Dean?" I asked, curious but also nervous. "That I'd have to kill you two. He said that I might have to kill you guys." Dean said and I felt the air leave my lungs for a moment as my jaw drops and my eyes widen. "Kill us? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Sam asked him, confused.

"I don't know." Dean said, shrugging. "I mean, he must have had some kind of reason for saying it, right? Did he know the demon's plans for us? Are we supposed to go Darkside or something? What else did he say, Dean?" I asked, frantically. "Nothing, that's it, I swear." Dean said.

"How could you not have told us this?" Sam asked, angrily. "Because it was Dad, and he begged me not to." Dean said and I let out a scoff and place my hands over my face. "Who cares?! Take some responsibility for yourself, Dean! You had no right to keep this from me or from (y/n)!" Sam shouts.

"You think I wanted this? Huh? I wish to God he'd never opened his mouth. Then I wouldn't have to walk around with this screaming in my head all day." Dean yells and I turn and take a few steps away from them, I hear Sam following behind me.

"(Y/n)?" Sam said and I don't respond immediately. Right now there was so many emotions going through me right now, anger, hurt, shock, fear. I'm just so confused about everything.

I let out a sigh before I speak. "We've just got to figure out what's going on, then, what the hell all this means." I said. "We do? I've been thinking about this, I think we should just lay low. You know? At least for a while. It'd be safer. And that way I can make sure—" Dean started to say and I turn around to face him.

"What? That Sam and I don't turn evil? That we don't turn into some kind of killer?" I yelled. "I never said that." Dean said. "Jeez, if you're not careful you will have to waste me and Sam one day, Dean." I growled. "I never said that! Damnit, guys, this whole thing is spinning out of control. All right? You two are immune to some weirdo demon virus, and I don't even know what the hell anymore. And both of you are pissed at me, I get it. That's fine, I deserve it. But we lay low until we figure out our next move, okay?" Dean said.

"Forget it." Sam said. "Sam, please, man. Hey, please. Just give me some time. Give me some time to think, okay? I'm begging you here, please. Please." Dean pleads and Sam looks over at me and I shrug at him before we nod, reluctantly, at Dean.

That night, Sam and I pack up our stuff and leave the motel room, a bag over our shoulders. I hate leaving Dean behind on his own but...I just can't be around him right now. Hiding that very important information from us, was just wrong. I don't care if John made him promise.

We walk quietly past the Impala to a small black car; Sam opens the door with a coat hanger as I look around. Sam gets the door open and gets in then he unlocks the passenger side doo and I get in. And we began to drive away.

*3rd Person POV*

Sam enters the Roadhouse, and heads turn to look at him. Ellen is behind the bar, and looks up as he approaches. She smiles knowingly. "Sam." She said. "Hey, Ellen." He said as he grins sheepishly. "You don't seem that surprised to see me." He said to her.