Season 1 - Will

The hospital waiting room was quiet and depressing, the rush of the night finally getting to everyone. Soft, static voices came over the intercom every few minutes, reminding me of a walkie talkie. Reminding me of Dustin's broken voice...

After standing and watching the street lamp, and feeling a sense of calm after all the action, I heard the radio go off. I'm not sure how, as it was inside and I was out, but I recognized it almost immediately. I spun on my heel and rushed inside, searching for the walkie talkie that I was so sure I had seen earlier.

"(Y/n), what are you doing?" Nancy said. I ignored her and crouched down to look under the couch, before hearing the muffled voice again.

"Henderson?" Steve said when I groaned in frustration.

"Shut up!" I snapped, putting my finger up to tell them to be quiet. I closed my eyes and, this time, when the voice came on, I knew where it was.

I stood back up and put my hand down the side of the chair, wrapping my fingers around the cold metal.

"(Y/n), do you copy?" I recognized Dustin's voice right away, even through the terrible connection. He sounded sad and afraid, and it startled me. "(Y/n), please. Do you copy?"

"Hi, yes, I copy," I said, recovering from my shock. "Are you okay?"

"No-" Dustin said before panting and the line cutting out.

"Dustin?" I said frantically, turning to my friends who stared at me. They all looked confused. "Dustin, do you copy?"

"Please... (Y/n)... Bad men..." Dustin's voice came in and out, before a terrible banging sound came from the line and then went silent.

"Dustin? Dustin!" I groaned when I lost the signal.

"What happened?" Nancy asked. Then, I realized something.

"Bad men," I repeated, the walkie talkie dropping from my hand and landing on the floor with a bang. I focused on the three who were in front of me and felt tears brimming my eyes. "I need to get back to the school. Right now."

Jonathan furrowed his eyebrows. "How?"

My first instinct had been that I would drive myself, but then I remembered that I didn't have my car.

"...Could someone drive?"

Jon said that he would first, but then Nancy reminded him that he should be here in case Joyce called him on the phone in his room. And, since Nancy had come with Jonathan, she didn't have a car, either.

That's how I ended up in the passenger seat of Steve 'The Hair' Harrington's car, bouncing my leg furiously and clenching the hand that wasn't bandaged.

"Please be okay," I whispered to myself, my heart going a mile a minute. "Please be okay."

"Relax, alright?" Steve said suddenly. I had almost forgotten he was there. "I'm sure he's fine."

I nodded, not believing a word he said, but strangely touched that he actually cared. Or maybe he just wanted me to shut up. Either way, the gesture was nice enough.

When we finally pulled up to the school, there were police cars and government cars everywhere. Steve stopped right in front of the caution tape and unlocked the doors. I rushed to unbuckle my seat belt and climbed out of the car, about to slam the door before remembering something.

"Uh... Thank you," I said, surprised to find myself almost shy. Steve smiled a little bit and nodded. I took that as his way of saying 'you're welcome', so I closed the door and began practically running through the parking lot.