The end

The spinning had stopped and Katherine's vision went back to normal, she was not in the courtyard anymore, she was in Dumbledore's headmaster office.

"Welcome back" said Dumbledore.
Katherine began crying, she began crying like the day she had found out that her parents had died.
"My dear, stop crying, you have done well." He said.

"You mean..?" Katherine asked.

Dumbledore sighed "I am sorry to inform you that nothing has changed."

"You mean... That all that was for nothing?! That my sister and parents are still dead?!" She yelled.

He gave her a confused look. "Your sister and parents are fine, always have been."

Now Katherine was confused. "How long as it been since I left?"

"About two seconds" he answered. "You see, the time turner was set to bring you back to the time that you left from."

"Why?" She asked.

"If I had sent you back to the end of the year and if nothing had changed then you would have been brought back in the middle of a war." He informed.

The door to the office flew open and professor Mcgonagall stood there with a terrified expression. "HE'S COMING!" She yelled. The windows to the room shattered and fell onto the floor, the death eater mark in the sky.

"Get miss Sloan into protection with the other students." Dumbledore ordered. Mcgonagall and Katherine rushed down hallways but came to a stop when a death eater blocked their path.

"Run!" Mcgonagall shouted at Katherine and then began battling the death eater. Katherine ran through hallways seeing the dead bodies of students on the floor, the walls cracked and broken. She kept running, flashing spells at all the death eaters that crossed her.

"Katherine! I thought you were dead!" Yelled Luna and ran up to hug her, Katherine wrapped her arms around her. Luna began sobbing, "He's here Katherine, I saw him."

"It's going to be alright." Katherine comforted.

"We're killing him." Luna informed.

"What?"

"We're destroying his Horcrux's."

Katherine nearly vomited just hearing the word. "How many did he make?" She asked, quietly.

"Seven but we've destroyed four." Luna said.

A death eater came into Katherine's view, she had wild crazy hair and walked in a familiar way. "Well, well, well! What do we have here?" She chimed.

"Bellatrix Lestrange" Luna whispered to herself.

"Lestrange?" Katherine said.

"You've heard of me I presume?" Bellatrix smiled. "Now which one of you shall die first?"

All of her friends had become death eaters again, after she left Tom had gone back to cruel torturing. "I'm so sorry." Katherine whispered, tears escaping her eyes. Luna looked at her with a confused expression.

Bellatrix pointed her wand at them but before she could cast the curse, she disintegrated into dust. A professor stood behind them, "Get to safety! It's not safe here!" She shouted.

Katherine and Luna ran through the castle, dodging and firing at death eaters. They ran outside into the courtyard where corpses lay and students fought for their life's. Katherine saw something walking towards the lake, a long serpent slithering next to it.

"I have to go." Said Katherine as she began walking in the directing of the lake.

"Katherine no, it's not safe!" Luna protested.

"Just trust me Luna." Katherine said and continued walking. The person had stopped walking, at the edge of the lake. Katherine stood a couple meters away, close enough to hear what the cloaked figure was saying.

"Nagini, kill all those who destroy me." The person hissed in parcel mouth. The serpent slithered away.

"Tom?" Katherine said in a quiet voice.

He didn't turn around, he stood frozen, her voice playing through his mind bringing back old memories that he had tried for years to forget. He finally turned to face her, Katherine closed her eyes and looked away. Those red serpent eyes and pale snake skin, killing her and breaking her heart.

When he saw those bright green eyes that had disappeared years ago, a feeling inside of him sparked. A feeling that he had tried to push down and forget about since the day she left, a feeling that he kept trying to deny and convince himself that wasn't real.

"Tom." She said, tears flowing down her cheeks.

"DONT YOU DARE SAY MY NAME!" He snapped at her. She didn't move or flinch, she just stood there staring at the ground.

"I'm sorry." She said, looking up at him.

Tom took out his wand and pointed it at her. "Do you have any idea what it's like to wake up everyday, to look in the mirror and realize that the monster you hated and feared... was me? What it was like when you told me that you'd never leave and then you left?"

"I-I'm sorry." She sobbed. "I'm so sorry."

"When I asked you to wait for me outside, when I told you that I would be right back. Do you know why I went back inside? It was because I forgot the ring! I forgot your ring! I loved you so much that I wanted to spend all my life with you!" He shouted, anger and hurt in his voice.

"I still-" Katherine began.

"What, love me?" He asked and began laughing. "Love is weakness, it felt real at first but it's an illusion. It faded and then I was left with nothing but power and time. Power... true power endures." He said.

"No,You're wrong!" Katherine yelled, her voice no longer quiet. " You wanted immortality and power? Well guess what, you had it. Love is immortal and power, I love you Tom. Question is, do you still love me?"

"Even after everything that I've done, you still look at me the same way?" He lowered his wand.

"Of course I do. I've told you before and I'll tell you as many times as it takes, I love you, always have and always will." She smiled at him.

Tom fell onto the ground and let out a scream of pain. Katherine ran to him and kelt down beside him, her hand on his face.

"They're killing me" he said, his voice coming out shaky.

"I know" she replied.

"It hurts."

"I don't want to live without you" Katherine cried.

"No! You have to live, for me. You have to have a family and be happy." Tom said, squeezing her hand with all the power he had left, holding her for the very last time.

"I can't! I'll never be happy once you're gone. I can't live without you."

"Yes you can" he gave a small smile at her, he could feel the little life he had left in him draining out.

"No I can't! I won't!" She took out her wand and held it to her heart.

"Katherine stop." He whispered, his body beginning to paralyze and his vision blackening.

"You wanted to be together forever? Well now we can." A bright light blasted into her and then, silence.

***

The school cheered.

"Look at that" a boy said pointing out at the lake.

Everyone watched two figures dance together along the surface of the water before they faded out into the sunset.

"What was that?"

Dumbledore looked out at the rising sun and smiled. "That is the immortality of love."