Unexpected Events

So I got this idea while watching Law&Order 💁🏻‍♀️😂
I hope everybody is safe and healthy. Take care of yourself and your loved ones 🤗

Y/N'S POV

Tonight I was invited by Hailee to an event with a fancy dinner and some performances and rich people. We were both under the radar, meant no one except her family and her team knew that we were together. We both wanted to take it slow especially since Hailee wasn't out yet and it was her first relationship with a woman. I understood that and agreed to take it easy and let her have all the time she needed.
So we got dressed in some fancy dresses and were driven to the event. Just seeing the entrance made you see how fancy it was. I felt my nerves kick in a little not being used to this kind of stuff. I felt a hand on mine and looked to my left. "It's going to be just fine. I'm here with you all the time and won't leave you", she told me reassuringly. I smiled a little. "You ready", she asked me. "Yes, but one sec though", I replied leaning forward giving her a kiss. She grinned and leaned forward to kiss me again. "We have to go or else I won't stop myself", I mumbled into her lips. She pecked my lips and went out of the car. I followed her and we walked inside. We were greeted by a server who gave us each a Champagne. I shook my head no but Hailee placed it in my hand. "Let's have fun tonight. You don't have to drive so don't be a party pooper", she told me and I just let it be. We walked inside and already heard quite music playing. "Oh my god, Hailee", I heard someone squeal and the next second a smaller brunette was hugging my girlfriend. "Hey Mila", she greeted her. She turned around and I was met by the Havana girl. What was her name again. I swear Hailee told me. I never was good with names. "Hey I'm Camila", she introduced herself holding out her hand. I shook it "Y/n. I'm Hailee's gi- best friend", I said almost spilling some tea. "Nice to meet you. We are over there. I just have to go for little girls", the brunette spoke up and mentioned to her left. "We will see you", Hailee told her and took me to a group of people who I only recognized some of them. "Hey guys", Hailee greeted everybody and got a few hellos and hugs. She introduced me and they were all pretty nice. I sat down next to her. "Dang woman, I really like that outfit", I heard a raspy voice say and turned around to be met by Julia Michaels. We both have met before in the studio when Hailee and her recorded some music stuff but she still thought Hailee and I were friends. "Oh hey, thanks. Not looking bad yourself", I told her and she chuckled and took the chair next to me. We talked a little and a few more people came. I was just telling Julia a funny story when her gaze suddenly hardened and her attention went to someone approaching the table. "Oh no", I  heard her mumble. Before I could ask her what she meant the chair in front of me got pulled back and a man with blondish hair in his mid twenties sat down. I saw Julia still looking at him kinda angry?! I was very confused and turned to Hailee to see her already having the same expression as Julia mixed with sadness. What the fuck is going on?! "Heya mate", some other dude greeted him and he replied back in some weird accent. Not British but also not Australian. His eyes connected with Hailee's and he gave her a small nod and a smirk. Oh damn! Is that the dude Hailee told me about? Her famous ex?! I tried to remember his name but I couldn't. I glanced towards my girlfriend who was still throwing daggers at him. I have never seen her so mad. The dinner started and everybody fell into an easy conversation. I overheard the Blondie and some other dude talking about women and I saw them checking out some girls before rating them quietly. I rolled my eyes. "Hey you, who are you", the blonde dude asked. I looked up from my plate to see him starring at me. "Y/n", I replied shortly and I noticed Hailee turned her attention on us. "You alright", he asked me. "Uh yeah", I replied confused. "What was the eye roll for", he asked me straight. Oh man! Me and my not so controll your emotions face. "Was just thinking something", I told him not wanting to talk to him anymore. "She probably disagreed with your number", his friend said and they laughed. I became a little mad because they were being assholes. "No, I disagreed because you don't rate women by fucking numbers", I spoke and they stopped laughing and I saw some people look our directions. "So if I could kindly ask you to stop this kind of behavior, I would really like to enjoy my food without hearing disrespectful comments about the female body", I told them before going back to my food. I took a bite before my plate was snatched away from me. I looked up to see Blondie towering over me. "Could I have this back", I asked annoyed. "You think you can come her and disrespect me. You are a nobody and don't deserve to eat here. Who brought you here", he spoke angrily. "I did. And I tell you right now to stop this bullshit and give her the damn plate", I heard Hailee say. "You can't tell me shit", he spit still not moving to handing back the plate. I stood up. My chair creaked in the process. "Listen Sir, if you won't give me back my plate I will have to sue you for uncalled behavior such as sexual assault, defamation and assault in general. And believe me I'm not playing with you. I brought countless men behind bars or a big fine", I told him confidently. He suddenly bursted out laughing bringing almost everyone's attention to us. "Listen you little brat, you don't scare me and can't sue me for shit. I can pay any fine", he spoke coming closer to my face. "Well, maybe you should be scared. You can pay all those fines but what about your image? Can you rebuy that", I questioned him and his face went pale. "I'm the best district attorney in LA and I'm specialized in cases like that. Men who think are better and have the upper hand but they don't because never underestimate a woman. Because women are the reason you are here on this earth so have some respect before you broadcast your disrespectful and stupid shit", I told him before grabbing my plate. "Oh and if you ever talk to Hailee like that I will fill out an restraining order", I spoke before sitting down again. I turned to Hailee who was looking at me with wide eyes. Suddenly I heard clapping and some more people joined. Just now I realized that everybody in this room heard me. I ducked my head in embarrassment. "Get out, get out, get out", I heard the people yell and it became really loud. I saw Blondie leave and everybody cheered. "What the fuck just happened", Julia asked confused and some around us laughed. "Are you really a lawyer", Mila asked me. I nodded. "Damn", she muttered. My attention went to Hailee who was still quiet. "Are you ok", I whispered in her ear. She nodded smiling. "Never thought you getting angry would look hot", she muttered back and I felt the heat rush into my face. "Just kiss already", Julia interrupted us and we both blushed. "Come on, it's not like everybody lost their eyes", she said and they laughed. "Watch out Michaels, I can sue you, too", I spoke and she straightened up. We giggled.
After the incident the dinner went by smoothly and I was happy that I didn't have to hide my love for the beautiful brunette by my side anymore.