Chapter 170: Fifth Life - Without a Home II

I can feel my legs hovering above the ground in his hold.

"Qin Yu, you're awake?! Let me down," I say to him with raspy breaths.

He immediately releases me, and I stumble as my feet lands on the ground. Positioning my stance a few steps away, I observe Qin Yu's different look.

"Your horns, they're gone?" I ask. 

He looks up also surprised. "You're right. It must have been your inner powers that have allowed me to maintain a normal appearance... You must have transferred a lot, didn't you?"

"Not really," I quickly rebutt. "You just looked so weak. I just used a little to help your own inner energy reignite."

He stands there without saying anything else. An awkward amount of time passes, and he says, "Thanks."

"No problem. How'd you end up in that situation anyhow?"

Yuan Laoban busts in through the door. "Yuxing! What are you still doing here?! There's people here looking for you!"

Just then we hear the destruction of furniture down on the lower level. 

Grabbing Qin Yu's arm, I quickly perform the teleportation spell. Our environment changes to a flourishing forest. The afternoon sun is blaring down through the branches of trees. Birds can be heard chirping from above.

"Why here?" Qin Yu asks.

"If the little cottage is still intact, we can hide there while you recover."

I start to walk down the dirt path. Qin Yu doesn't move at all. Annoyed, I turn back to him.

"Why aren't you coming?"

He whispers, "Why are you helping me?"

"I shouldn't?"

He stares into my eyes. "I was dishonest with you in the past. I am Jianghu's enemy as well. You sure you want to stand by me?"

"It's not like that. I help because I have the means to, even though you're not the most upright person."

"With Wicked Mist after me, you'll still help?"

"What do you mean? Aren't you the leader of Wicked Mist?"

"I am no longer. I was too weak to resume my leadership role and had remained inactive for some time after an incident. Demons of Wicked Mist decided that my incompetence is betrayal and wishes to destroy me."

"No way..."

"Now I walk a thin line as everyone waits for me to let down my defense in order to end my life."

"So how did you end up captured by Collector Tan?"

With a mischievous smirk, Qin Yu explains, "That man was all talk. He didn't catch me after a five day battle. I was in slumber, recuperating when he and his men attached demon seals on me and dragged me to that auction."

"Then how did you get like this? Your demon form is different from before."

"I was dying because of frost cultivation. After success with locating an Ancient God's bead essence, I absorbed it and took on a new form but was enslaved by a sleeping spell."

"What Ancient God? How did you find it?"

"You don't need to know. You just need to know that I am not a part of Wicked Mist anymore. With Bleak Night, the Immortal Sects and Wicked Mist after me, you will be in danger if you stick around."

"I'll make my own decisions and bear the consequences. Come on now. You still have to heal." I continue walking on. Qin Yu's reluctant steps follow me to the cottage.