Chapter 43: Jessica

❀Azalea❀

❀Azalea❀

"I can't believe you dragged me in here," I mumble. He doesn't respond only continuing his trail of kisses all around the sides of my neck.

"You missed me a lot?" I hum. Last night we were busy.

Getting down and dirty, oh yeah.

This morning he's constantly touching me and I can just tell me not being home all the time has an effect on him.

Especially since he dragged me into the shower with him. Like what on earth? Not gonna lie to myself though, it kinda ruffles my truffles.

"I missed you a lot," he mumbles against my neck.

I lean my head back into the stream of water coming from the showerhead. He steps closer to me to do the same. As soon as the water hits him though, he steps almost all the way back.

"Why the hell is that so fuckin' hot? Burn my damn skin off," he rubs his shoulder where the water touched him. He's such a drama queen.

I turn it down a little bit for him and he eases his way forward.

He stands close to me letting the water rain down on his head before shaking his head roughly and sending water droplets right at my face. Buttnugget.

I rest my forehead against his chest thinking about how much I love this man. He's truly the best thing to ever happen to me. And to think he used to hate me. That only makes me laugh now because he's such sweetheart now.

We've had bumps in the road, him and I. Those bumps only ever make us stronger. And I've had bumps in my own road too. Aaron, Mr. Terrip's passing, Jake's passing, my dad, a lot more. Those things, at least I hope, have made me a stronger person too.

I don't know, I'd like to think I'm decently strong. But I'm happy, I do know that.

And most of the happiness all leads back to Grey. Where would I be without him?

Probably still in that house getting whipped by dad's belt. That thought alone sends shivers down my spine.

"Do you know how much I love you?" I lean my head off his chest, looking up at him. I don't wait for him to guess.

"More than anything in the world," I tell him honestly and his lips raise up in the corners. He was probably expecting me to say 'just a little bit,' jokingly.

"More than your flowers?" He questions and I smile.

"More than my flowers," I nod. His smile widens into one of his rare, big, genuine smiles and I'm left in awe like every time.

I lay my forehead back onto him and start tracing the large lion head tattoo on his chest.

"What do you think about getting a house?" He questions suddenly. My eyebrows lift a bit.