Chapter 26: Pig Emoji

Ryzen POV

Lennox and I just chose a nearby restaurant in the university. Since it was relatively early for lunch time, there wasn't that much people around. At this time, students would usually be in class or walking around the campus.

In fact, Lennox and I were the only customers in the restaurant.

As a politician, Lennox was a really good conversationalist. Even though we were two people with contrasting careers, we would have lots of topics to talk about during times where we'd have lunch together.

Truthfully, because I converse with him more often now, I became genuinely curious about the politics happening in the country.

I don't know a lot of things but he would be patient and explain things clearly for me to understand. In fact, he would sometimes say some things that I would need to ponder on for a while.

Just like today, our topic revolved heavily on this but our discussion was cut short because he had to leave right away.

Even though it's like that, I feel like I was able to expand my knowledge just a little bit more today. Through this, I feel like I'm also getting closer to him.

Of course, in order to really make him fall for me, I need to understand him and be aware about the nature of his work!

It didn't take me long before I got back to the university and after walking for a while, I finally found Zaynah.

"Zay! Have you ate yet? You should've had lunch with us instead." I said in a concerned tone.

But just before she could reply, a buzz sound from my phone suddenly interrupted the moment.

I lazily got my phone in my bag and upon seeing the message, my lips curved upward.

Lennox: Thanks for today.

Me: Thanks for the lunch too, Lennox! You didn't even touch the side dishes again, though. I had to eat it. You're seriously making me fat... 

Lennox: ...

Lennox: I never told you to eat it though. You're the one who voluntarily gets it from my plate.

Lennox: Take care, *pig emoji*

How dare he!? A pig emoji? He's calling me a piggy??

Lennox is someone who never used emoji while I always use it whenever we converse. His replies would always be concise and short. At times, I've actually wondered if he even knew how to use emojis but now... I never expected the first emoji he'd use to text me would be a pig emoji!

Shameless!

In my original life, I was petite and had fast metabolism. On top of that, my work as a doctor often had me skipping meals almost all the time. So in short, my body was always slender.

However, Millen Yu's body is different. She's athletic and somewhat a bit toned, very different from my original body. It matches her tall height perfectly.

But! I wasn't someone who was into exercise since I was used to having fast metabolism. It took me a while to actually acknowledge that Millen Yu's body is a far cry from my original body. She had to consistently exercise in order to keep a slim figure.

As someone who cared about her own appearance, subtle remarks like that are enough to make me feel defensive.

Me: You! I'd rather be a *pig emoji* than a 3 year-old child who doesn't even eat carrots...

Lennox: ...

Lennox: *pig emoji*

The next thing I knew, he sent five pig emojis consecutively. Is he really trying to annoy me? Is this how a grown-up man, who is even leading a city on his own, supposed to act?