Chapter 6

The hours pass by and you eventually drift off to sleep. You dream of nothing at all, due to your mind being burnt out from however many days you've been stuck in this hellhole. You're absolutely exhausted from this mess.

A soft poke to your cheek wakes you up. You groan and open an eye to see the masked man looming over you.
"What the hell?!" You exclaim in surprise, leaning away from his touch.

"Despite how absolutely stubborn you've been being lately, I made you some food." The guy says. "If you promise to obey, I will uncuff you and you can come eat. Otherwise, I will let you be."

Your stomach is begging you to be fed, so it's hard to say no. The feeling is impossible to ignore. "Fine. I'll be good." You murmur.

"If you try to escape me you'll regret it." The man says as he takes a key out of his hoodie pocket. He unlocks the metal shackles on both of your wrists and you rub the tender skin.
"Thanks..." You say.

"Don't thank me yet. Come on." He grabs your wrist and leads you out of the room. It is then that you notice that he is also wearing black cotton gloves.
Outside the room that you were in is a long, poorly lit hallway with two more doors on either side.
"Do you need to use the restroon while you are up?" He asks you.

"I probably should..." You reply.

The man nods and opens the door across the hall from your room. "You've got five minutes." He says and shuts the door behind you.

In the bathroom is a sink, a toilet, and a shower. On the sink is a single bar of soap, and nothing else. It's so...bare.
You do your business and wash your hands. After that you wash your face and arms with the bar of soap, trying to get as clean as you possibly can. Raking your fingers through your hair, you look and feel a little better than you did before. You open the door to see the man waiting for you.
"Better?" He asks.

You nod your head and he continues to lead you down the hall. At the end is an opening to a large living space that spreads into a decent sized kitchen.
In the living area is a couch, recliner, coffee table, and a box television.
The kitchen has a stove, sink, an old fridge, and a mahogany dining table.

"This place is...nice." You say to him, surprised. You thought this place would be more run down, but it reminds you of a vacation home.

"Thank you. Your food is in here." He leads you into the kitchen and grabs a plate piled with eggs, toast, and bacon along with a cup of orange juice.
He sets the plate on the dining table and you sit down in front of it.
The man sits across from you, folding his arms on top of the table.
You begin to eat, and surprisingly the food is really good.
Soon the entire plate is empty.

"That was really good. Thank you..." You say.

"No problem." He replies. "Thank you for behaving."

"Are you not hungry?" You ask him, just now noticing that he hasn't eaten.

"I... I've already ate." He says quietly.

"Oh,ok. So...what now?" You ask, dreading to go back to the shackles on the uncomfortable bed.

The guy thinks for a moment. "Well I guess I could let you stay out here for awhile since you've been good."

Your eyes widen. "Really?" You have never been so happy in your life.

"Don't get your hopes up too much...but yeah. You can stay out for awhile. Think of it as an award for good behavior." He replies.

The two of you make your way to the couch. You sit as far away from him as you possibly can, which isn't that far. He is sure to stay no more than an arms length away. He grabs the remote and flips on the television. The screen immediately goes to the news.
On the channel, a reporter is announcing a recent missing persons case, and your picture is displayed on the screen.
"It has been three days since the disappearance of f/n l/n. Y/n was last seen at Blackwater Park after attending a high-school party. There was more than likely underage drinking involved. Local police have filed this disappearance as a possible kidnapping. If anybody has any information on this disappearance, please call the local police department. Thank you for your time. Next up, we will be speaking of how the taxes have been-" The screen goes black as the guy turns off the television.

"Looks like they're already missing you." He states in awe. "That was fast."

"Seems like it's been longer than three days..." You say sadly.

"Well, there'll be plenty more to count." He replies. "I think you should be going back to your room now."

Hearing this makes your heart drop, but you obey and follow him back into the room where he restraints you to the uncomfortable bed yet again.