*Late Night Dance Moves*

Charlie's POV

After leaving my mom that night I went to work. Jacob and I's hug continuously replayed through my mind. I want to know what he said to me in German as well.

I had asked Carl the cook at the diner who has been to Germany a few times and knows the language but he just looked at me and smiled after I told him.

Currently I was at work. Once again I was doing the closing shift. I know closing the shop may seem like a bad shift but it's honestly my favorite.

I love how quiet it gets and I can just sit and read my book until a customer comes. I hate morning shifts because it is really busy and noisy. You are constantly on your feet running from table to table making sure you got the order correct.

"Where is my favorite waitress!" Larry chirped walking with his 10 year old granddaughter to a table in the corner as I was helping an elderly couple. After I finished taking their order and turned towards them.

"I am right here Larry." I said with a huge smile walking towards them. I heard the bell above door ring once again but I didn't pay attention to it.

"What can I get you two lovely people tonight?" I asked the two.

"I will take the chicken tenders with fries please." Candy his granddaughter said sweetly. I nodded writing it down on my notepad before turning towards Larry.

"I'll do the same." He said. I wrote it down before turning around to go greet the customers. My eyes instantly locked with the silver blue ones that always steal my gaze. I looked around and noticed he was not alone.

A boy that looked to be the same age or older than us and two girls who looked to be also our age sat at the table with them. Instead of going over to them right away I walked over to the counter and put Larry's order in.

I brought Larry and Candy their drinks before making my way over to them.

"Welcome to Mack's diner. I am Charlie your waitress, how may I help you." I said with a smile not looking at him once. The boy looked at me with a smirk, one girl looked at me with complete disgust, while the other looked at me with a genuine smile.

Mack's diner. Did I ever tell you that this place was named after my mom. After her accident the owners changed the name. The accident actually happened just outside of the walls of this place.

"I will have the cheese burger with fries." The boy said flopping his menu back on the table. I nodded writing it down. I turned to the girl who was scowling at me. 

"I will have a chef salad with Italian dressing." She said also flopping her menu down. I wrote it down before looking at the girl who is actually smiling at me.

"What do you recommend here?" She asked sweetly. I instantly knew what to say.

"The Mack submarine. It is a grilled chicken sub with lettuce, pickles, bacon, cucumbers, tomatoes, mayo, and my mothers secret dressing." I said with a proud smile.

"I will try that then, but can I get it without tomatoes." She said setting her menu down. I finally turned towards the person who I avoided as long as I could.

"And for you sir." I said acting like I didn't not even know him. His eyes instantly narrowed into slits, acting like he did not like how I was pretending not to know him.

"A water." Was all he said. I nodded and turned around. I placed the order before heading over to Larry's table. On the way there I could slightly hear the girl complaining.

"Why did we come here again?" The snotty girl said.

"Don't know. Jacob wanted to come here but wouldn't say why." A small smile played on my lips as I sat down next to Candy. I currently was able to sit down since the elderly couple had left and everyone else had gotten their food besides Jacob's table.

"Oh my deary it's your song! You always sing and dance to this in here. Come on you have to do it!" Larry basically screamed, gathering the attention of Jacob's table.

I listened in and noticed it was my song, well it was mine and my fathers song before he left. I would never admit that to anyone. He was a good father sometimes.

"I am quite alright Larry. Why don't you get up and dance?" I suggested with a laugh. Larry laughed along with me.

"Charlie!" I heard Carl yell. I smiled at Larry one last time before going and getting their food. As I neared their table I faked a smile. The snotty girl was trying to seduce Jacob but his gaze was on me the whole time.

I passed out their food to them before taking a step back.

"Is there anything else I can you?" I asked politely with a small smile. The snotty girl scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Yeah a new waiter and new music." She sassed. I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt. I was always the sensitive type person. Honestly what hurt worse was the fact Jacob just watched her insult me.

I nodded slightly before speaking once again.

"If you need me just wave me over or call out my name." I said quietly before turning on my heel and once again sat at Larry's table.

"What the fuck was that!" The boy exclaimed towards the snot.

"She's just a nerd Austin. Why does it matter." The girl shrugged. It was as if they didn't know I could hear every single word that was being said.

"You're acting like a bitch. Don't make us regret inviting you." Jacob basically growled out. That's when I decided I have heard enough.

"Come on Charlie. We are gonna dance to this song." Candy said pulling me out of the booth and onto the small dance floor we have in the diner.

Instantly Candy took my hands and began jumping around. A huge smile played on my lips as she did this. I could hear the scoff of the girl sitting at the table but all that mattered was the laugh of the 10 year old girl in front of me.

"Charlie you have to close in a half hour or you know Mandy wont be happy!" Carl yelled from the kitchen. I cursed under my breath before leading Candy back over to Larry.

"Dang Candy, you need to teach me some of those moves some day!" I exclaimed hugging her while Larry got his coat on.

"I will!" She said jumping up and down.

"Now you be careful out on those roads Larry. Have a good night." I said as the two walked out the door. A smile lay on both of their faces.

I looked back over to Jacob's table to see the nice girl and the boy still eating their food slightly. The snotty girl was trying to get Jacob's attention but once again his eyes we on me. I sighed and walked towards the kitchen to grab the wash cloth to start the never ending cleaning.