Aone Takanobu - The Shape Of Your Name

Soulmate AU: At the age of 17 you find out who your soulmate is my their name appearing on your wrist on your birthday

Requested

Word count: 1.4k

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

There were not many things that you and Aone had in common.

He was a person of very few words, and you had a lot to say.

You smiled a lot, and sometimes made him smile from your antics, but most of the time his lips were in the shape of a hard line.

You probably wouldn't have been- kind of -friends if your moms hadn't been friends with each other. You've spent time together when your parents did, but other than that, you lived your lives differently.

However, there was one thing that you did have in common with each other.

A birthday.

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

AGE: 7

You made the pact at your shared 7th birthday party.

Aone was sitting away from everyone else, drawing in the dirt with a stick. You kept glancing over to him, hoping that someone would go over to him, but you looked at the people you were talking to and your parents. They were all occupied with everyone else.

You slowly made your way over to him and sat beside him.

"Happy birthday," you said smiling.

He looked up at you and nodded.

"Happy birthday to you too," you replied to yourself in a deep voice, trying to imitate him. You haven't heard him speak much, but you'd like to think you got it right.

He smiled.

"I'll bring you some cake!" You stood up to leave, but a hand wrapped around the sleeve of your jacket to stop you.

You sat back down next to him, "Are you okay?"

He nodded and let go of your jacket and went back to drawing in the dirt.

You tilted your head. "What's wrong?"

Aone stopped for a moment and looked at you. Slowly he tapped on his wrist. "I don't have many friends. What if I don't get a soulmate either."

You frowned and turned over your own wrist. It was blank. Sometimes you would turn over your wrist in hoping that the name of your soulmate would appear even though it would only be on your 17th birthday.