12 ❆ Truth and Feelings

"Hoseok, can I talk to you?"

See, this question, Hoseok didn't like; he hated it if he was being honest. In an instant it made him think of every single thing that has ever happened in his life, was this about what he did 10 years ago? Was he breathing too loud? Did SeokJin want to be his friend still?

"Can you not freak out for a SECOND?" SeokJin inquired in a playful tone, rubbing Hoseok's shoulder, "i'm not mad or anything, Hobi."

They were at lunch, sitting next to each other. It's been two days since the display on the field and the students have gotten a small break between the whole thing to recharge, since they have exhausted themselves a bit from the prior demonstrations.

Hoseok nodded, visibly calming down, "What is it, Jin?"

"What's up with you and Min Yoongi?" SeokJin asked, raising one of his perfect eyebrows in Hoseok's direction.

There goes Hoseok's heart.

Hoseok swallowed the lump that formed in his throat, his palms becoming clammy from his nervous heart beating erratically in his chest. Nothing was going on with him and Yoongi! What could possibly make Seokjin think there was something potentially going on between them?

Was it the way Hoseok stared at Yoongi like he was the most beautiful creature on the planet? Or how everyday he wishes he could be born with a different ability so he could actually make physical contact with Yoongi? Or could it be how that tug between them is growing more into a yanking pain everytime they're near each other?

"Helloooo-" SeokJin waved his hand in Hoseok's face, "earth to Hoseok, ya still there?"

Hoseok shook his head, his thoughts dispersing, "Uh- what do you mean?"

SeokJin shrugged, "You two have been getting pretty close lately, it kind of worries me, if i'm being honest."

Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows, "Why would it worry you?"

Jin gave Hoseok a dumbfounded look, "You're a fire elemental, Hoseok, he's frost, what if these friendship feelings develop into something more? It could be potentially dangerous for you and him, and I don't want to see you hurt."

Hoseok scoffed, or tried his best too at least, "Who says I like him, Jin? We're just friends! Plus, I don't even think Yoongi is gay!"

"He doesn't have to be, bisexuality and pansexuality exist," Jin pointed out, causing Hoseok to roll his eyes.

"I don't like him like that, what even-"

"Friends don't look at each other the way you two do," SeokJin finally blurted out, staring into Hoseok's soul, "I know you Hoseok, very well, and the way you look at him isn't like a friend."

Hoseok was well aware his cheeks were red from how flustered he was, he hated that SeokJin could see right through him so easily. Was he that open of a book?

Seokjin sighed, placing his hand on Hoseok's shoulder, "Hobi, you know it's never going to work, right? Akane and Joonwae died, you can't be with him no matter how much you like him."

Jin was known for his tough love, he only did it to protect his friends, but that didn't stop the pain that came from his words.

Hoseok blinked away the sudden tears that formed in his eyes, he quickly got up and walked out of the dining hall without sparing Jin a glance.

<><><>

Yoongi sat on the roof of the school placidly, the cool breeze playing with his hair as he closed his eyes, exhaling a deep breath.

He usually came to the roof top of the school to relax, it was quiet and peaceful, no one came to bother him even though people knew there was access to the roof. Yoongi always got a nice view of the sunset while he sat up here, he always found it beautiful.

Though lately he's been finding a different sun to be even more gorgeous.

Yoongi's eyes snapped open when he heard the door to the roof open, and damn he wasn't expecting to see Hoseok-

Crying?

"Of course you're up here!" Hoseok wailed dramatically, taking Yoongi by surprise.

"Am I not supposed to be?" he questioned, Hoseok shaking his head as he held his own head in his hands.

Once he calmed down, he looked at Yoongi, "I'm sorry, just- I-"

"You don't have to explain yourself to me, Seok, it's alright," Yoongi assured the younger boy, who exhaled a sigh of relief at the words.

Hoseok sat down a couple feet away from Yoongi, watching as the frost elemental closed his eyes once more and allowed the sun to bask him in it's beauty. Hoseok's heart beat increased with every second he stared at the man in front of him, and he knows SeokJin is right, the fact he is hurts.

Yoongi smiled softly, able to feel Hoseok's gaze on him but choosing to not say anything since he can tell the younger is already distressed.

The tug they usually feel was a bit softer, though it still hurt. The subtle pulling now felt like someone had a chain inside of both boys, and every time they were near each other an invisible force was pulling it through their veins so they'd get closer to each other.

But they couldn't, not unless they wanted to die.

And it sucked, because Yoongi liked Hoseok, he liked him more than a friend should and damn he wishes he was born another element; even though he loves his frost abilities.

"What had you so worked up?" Yoongi asked Hoseok after they sat in a comfortable silence, the sun now setting in front of them.

Hoseok sighed, staring at the sky, "My friend telling me something I obviously know, the truth hurts sometimes, especially when you know it deep down but don't want to admit it to yourself."

Yoongi nodded, looking over at Hoseok, "I understand that, what was it about, if I may ask?"

Hoseok met Yoongi's stare, "Not today, sweetheart." he stated, which had Yoongi's stomach filling with those painful butterflies, heart stuttering in his chest, and a dusty pink to settle on his pale cheeks.

They couldn't have these feelings, but whatever pull was inside of them told otherwise.

a/n
Predictions for the future? (in the book, we all gonna die in this real life apocalypse)

DOUBLE UPDATE