eight- i want it that way

𝙰/𝙽: 𝚒'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚍 '𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚢' 𝚋𝚢 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚋𝚘𝚢𝚜 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚜𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐:)

September

3 weeks has already past and I'm starting to get the hang of Midtown. Peter and I finished our assessment and handed it 3 days earlier than it was supposed to be handed in and Mrs Warren was proud of us. All of the students and teachers are very friendly and my school life is kinda fun. And now that I joined the Academic Decathlon Team, I've made many new friends.

Lately, there's been this news spreading everywhere at school. All people talk about is this masked superhero with a red and blue suit called Spider something. Spider boy? Spider Man? No yeah, it's Spiderman.

Apparently, he's saved a lot of people and he just helps out neighborhood so it's a safe place to live in. I've never seen him but a few people in my classes had told me that they've seen him like swinging across apartments and this girl in my Chemistry class called Bella told me that he saved her bike from getting stolen.

He's popping up on the school news; Midtown High like every single day. Even on The Queens Herald, Facebook and YouTube. He's like so popular but we don't know what he looks like so it's a mystery...

...

*beep* *beep*

The weather is much colder but not cold enough to be Winter. It's Fall, my favourite season. I've never experienced Fall in New York but my friends back in Fernhill told me that visiting Central Park in Autumn is literally the prettiest thing ever. So I'm excited and I can't wait to post it on Instagram.

Every time I wake up it's so cold that I have to wear like 2 layers of clothing when I go to sleep. I put on my slippers and hurried to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. Today, I decided to braid my hair in 2 because honestly in Autumn if I let my hair down. The second I walk out of my apartment building my hair gets ruined by the wind.

I could hear my mom humming and cooking from the bathroom. I quickly went to the kitchen and sat down. "Morning Mom." I said while smelling the delicious eggs and sausages. She was also heating the kettle so I assume she's making me a hot chocolate. "Good morning, how was your sleep?" She said while handing me a plate of scramble eggs and sausages with a mug of hot chocolate. "Wow, thanks mom." I said while taking a bite of the sausage.

After breakfast I went and got dressed and headed out towards the subway station. The train came after 10 mins of waiting and just about in 30 mins I hopped off at 36th Avenue Station and arrived at Midtown.

I'm pretty happy today cause it's already been halfway through the week but I have to stay at school after school today, Thursday and Friday till 9:00 PM because we're preparing for the regionals which is next week. If we make it through the regionals we get to go to the Nationals in Washington which is in February.

I went to the Drama Room after school and got to our seats, I sat next to Ned and started practicing. We kept on practicing questions that we found hard.

We went through around over 100 questions, we were so focused into the questions I didn't know that time was ticking past quickly.

Liz read out the questions "Okay, Which of the following is a non metal that remains liquid at room temperature? Phosphorus, Chlorine, Bromine or Helium." Cindy ringed the bell "Bromine."

"Correct, next question. What is—"

"Wait hold on. Where is Peter?" Mr Harrington asked. I looked around. He wasn't here. Or he's late. I looked at my watch and it read 8:33 PM. Nope never mind he's not here.

"Ned, do you know where he is?" Mr Harrington asked.

"Uh. I don't know. He was at school today, I thought I would meet him here..." he replied.

Mr Harrington huffed. "You guys know it's regionals next week right? We need to be more focused and serious about this. If we can't get through the regionals, we can't go to the Nationals and win that trophy! I genuinely think that some of you guys need to really wake up. And if any of you guys see Peter tomorrow tell him that we must stay focused and come to practices regardless of how important his Park or Stark whatever Internship it is., because he committed himself to this..." he looked at his watch and sighed "Alright. We'll call it a day. Thanks guys."

"Thank you Sir." I said and started packing up the chairs and the desks.

"I swear, Peter gets us in trouble even though we didn't do anything. He's just so annoying, it's driving me crazy!" Flash complained when the teacher left the class.

"I guess he's just busy with the Internship he has. Don't be so hard on him." Betty answered, calmly.

"But it hasn't happened only once, has it?" Flash snapped at her.

"I'm just saying just stop—"

"Woah. Woah. Guys let's not fight over something that isn't that important. Although Peter didn't do the right thing today for not showing up to the practice without telling Mr Harrington. We must focus on the regionals next week. If he can't make it to the regionals, we always have Flash to back him up." Liz explained.

"How come I'm the 'back up'? Not him? I come to practices way more than him, even though I'm the backup." said Flash, while frowning. He did looked annoyed.

"Alright, who cares guys. Let's just finish packing up and go home. It's getting late." Sally said and we all agreed and packed up the chairs and turn the lights off and headed out of the class.

"Bye Liz, bye Betty." I waved, before crossing the road.

Once I arrived at 36th Avenue train station which is across the road from Midtown, there was a notice,

It said:

ATTENTION!

WEDNESDAY 27 SEPTEMBER 2017

Subways that operate from 36th Avenue Station will be closed from 4:30 PM due to some difficulties we have faced last night.

We hope you understand this matter and the Subway will be opened again from 6:30 AM 29 SEPTEMBER 2017.

Thank you,

Queens, N.Y.C Transportation

Ugh. You've got to be kidding me. How did I not see this notice in the morning?

I pulled out my phone to call my mom but then I realised it's 9:00 PM and she's probably very tried from working so I didn't want to wake her up.

I know there's a bus stop around 15 minutes away from 36th Avuene station so I will just take the bus. But 15 minutes is too long and the weather is so cold.

I know that there's a shortcut which will take around 7 mins if I go through the alley.

Instead of turning right, I turned left and went down the alley. The alleyway was pitch black and dark the only lights that happen to brighten up the place were the lights on the lights on the other side of the alleyway.

It was a pretty long alleyway but I keep on walking and starting singing to calm me down since the atmosphere freaked me out a little.

"Tell me why

Ain't nothin' but a heartache.

Tell me why

Ain't nothin' but a mistake...

Tell me why

I never want to hear you say..."

Then another voice interrupted and finished the lyrics for me.

"I want it that way..."