Chapter Eighteen

Your eyes opened to be met with white tile.
At first, you couldn't remember where you were at or how you'd gotten here. Then it hit you: you were in prison.
Your eyes darted around the cold, empty room quickly yet swiftly, as you struggled to find a way to get out. But deep down inside of you, you knew it was impossible.
You remembered Mike's face as you both got taken out in handcuffs, and Jeremy's as he was put in the car beside you.
You sat on the edge of your not-so-comfortable-yet-oddly-satisfying bed, staring helplessly through the steel bars two feet away.
You squeezed your eyes shut, trying not to focus on the heartbroken feeling inside of your chest. You would give anything to be able to hug anyone right now, even if it was that creepy guy in the crowd staring at you while you fought Jeremy.
You rested your elbows on your knees as you put your head in your hands, taking deep breaths. You hoped you'd be able to see your friends again, even if they got put in the newspaper.
"Hey, you're needed for questioning," a police officer suddenly said, walking up to the bars. You watched as he led a person into the cell next to yours, and you saw that person was Jeremy. He caught your eye, and you both exchanged glances. He looked heartbroken and sad for just a second before that emotion disappeared, replaced with anger. Then he got put in the cell next to you. The walls were cement, so you were unable to see him.
The officer then unlocked the door to your cell and led you, with your hands behind your back, to what you assumed was the questioning room.
The officer quickly closed the door behind you as he shoved you into the bright room quickly before leaving. You heard the click of the lock as he slid it into place from the outside.
Another officer sat at the table, nearly the only thing in the room other than two chairs, many papers, and file cabinets.
You slowly walked over to take a seat.
The officer smiled at you. "You're (F/N), right?" She confirmed. You nodded.
"Alright, (L/N), I'll be asking you questions about the fight you, Mike, and Jeremy were all involved in at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza earlier this afternoon.
You gulped and nodded yet again.
"Okay, so lets get started." She shuffled papers on her desk.
"First, I'd like you to tell me exactly what happened."
You explained that you'd been talking to the new animatronics, namely the band. You'd just finished and were looking for your friends, when you noticed a crowd cheering. You got curious and went over, and saw a man beating up your friend. He was very injured, so you'd stepped in to defend him. You explained everything that you'd seen and done.
The officer nodded. "I see, then. Now, do you know why your friend and Jeremy got into a fight in the first place?"
You thought for a moment and shook your head. Then you remembered. "I think it was because Jeremy destroyed one of the animatronics. I-I mean, there were wires and parts all over the place, and Jeremy told me that those parts were from one of my friends, the old animatronics. I never got to figure out which one it was, though..." You began trying to recall the colours of the parts, but were unable.
"I see," the officer scribbled something down in her notepad. "Now then, I know that this information may seem a bit irrelevant, but it's not. Why did you refer to the animatronics as 'friends'?"
You had to think for a moment to remember all that time ago. "Well, I was the security guard with the night shift at the first Freddy Fazbear's Pizza," you began. It took quite a while, but you explained everything that had happened up until now. You did not say anything about the children being stuffed into suits, how Freddy had kissed you, or how you'd all gotten into a car crash. Those things were secret.
"I see. Well, Miss (L/N), you'll be held here for another day or so, before we can let you go," the officer said, while writing in her notepad. She shut it and went to the door, knocking a pattern on it.
The security guard immediately opened the door as the female officer let you out of the stuffy questioning room and into somewhat fresh air.
They nodded to eachother before the security guard led you back to your cell, next to Jeremy.
As you're walking to your cell, you pass Jeremy's. He looked so sad in there.
He was sitting in the edge of his bed, staring at the floor. Just as you got pushed in your cell, he looked up. Your eyes met for not even a second before he was out of view and you were put in your cell.
You stood in your cell for a moment after the guard had closed the door. You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding.
You walked over to the far left corner if your cell, noticing a small window, about the size of a clipboard. It had steel bars covering one side, with a window on your side that you could open if you pushed a button.
You opened it and stuck your face in the window, taking deep breaths of fresh air. Smiling to yourself, you opened your eyes, seeing a vibrant forest with lush grass. It's hard to believe such a dull, colourless place could be surrounded by such beauty.
You gazed out of the window, forgetting completely how you were stuck in prison.
"Hey!" You heard. It sounded quiet. "Hey!" It said again.
You looked away from the window and around your cell. You heard a faint knocking on the thin cement wall to your left, so you walked over to investigate. You saw a small hole, the size of a balled up fist, close to the ground. Nobody would notice it unless they came over to look for themselves.
You became suspicious and looked through the hole. You almost walked away from it completely once you saw Jeremy looking through it as well.
You stayed silent, waiting for him to speak.
You saw his eyes shift as if he was paranoid, and kept looking around. He eventually looked back at you through the hole.
"I'm sorry about what happened," he said. He sounded as if he genuinely meant it.
You squinted at him. "No you're not."
"Yes, I am," he protested. "I didn't mean to tear him up that much."
Upon hearing those words, it suddenly came back to you that Jeremy had torn apart one of the animatronics, which started the fight in the first place. You still didn't know which one it was.
"Which one was it?" You asked. Your voice was low and menacing.
The brunet stayed silent for a moment, hesitating. "Golden Freddy," he said. His eyes were wide, nervous.
So that's what happened to him.
Anger suddenly overcame you.
"You fucking bastard," you got close to the hole and stared at him. You could tell he got a little terrified. "If you don't repair him the second we get back to that restaurant, I'm going to rip your damned head off of your neck and shove it up your ass so far that you'll be able to see it coming out of the hole where it used to be."
His eyes widened. "O-okay! I'll get him f-fixed!" He backed away from the hole.
"You better."