Chapter nine | Demodogs

The girls sat there for a moment enjoying the peace and silence however the peace was cut short when a loud growl could be heard from across the junkyard. Valerie jumped to her feet and quickly looked through the binoculars.

"Valerie what's going on up there!" Dustin called to her

"give me a minute I'm looking," she yelled back as she scanned the perimeter

Finally, she spotted a medium sized creature looking thing.

"I think I see it!" she yelled only for her cousin to yell back

"what do you mean you think?"

"I've never seen one of these things before dipshit," She heard shuffling from below and then Lucas's head popped up from the hatch

"let me see those?" she handed him the binoculars and backed away "I've got eyes ten o'clock! ten o'clock!" he yelled while her and Max made their way back into the bus just as Steve walked outside.

"what the hell is he doing?" she whispered to Dustin

"expanding the menu," he answered staring through the window.

All three of them watched as Steve approached Dart hearts racing but then all of a sudden they heard Lucas yelling three o'clock they turned to see a bunch more of those things surrounding Steve. Dustin ran towards the door and yelled for him to abort.

They watched as he swung the bat as the creatures attacked. At one point one of the things grabbed the bat and flung it out of Steve's hands. He was cornered as the animals slowly started to surround him thinking quick on her feet Valerie ran out of the bus despite her friends screams she grabbed the bat and started swinging. She hit most of them giving her and Steve enough time to run back to the bus but just as they entered one of the creatures sunk its teeth into Valerie's leg causing her to let out a high pitched scream. Using the bat she swung hard and it let go giving her friends time to pull her back into the bus slamming a piece of metal on the door.

"they can't get in they can't," Lucas screamed as Max came over to help Valerie stand fresh blood Dripping from the massive bite on her leg.

"why would you do that you could have died!" Valerie didn't have time to answer the frantic girl as the whole bus then began to shake.

"Holy shit you're like a total badass!" Dustin yelled to her as the four of them ran to the back of the bus to once again try and contact someone to help them but they got no answer. By now the whole bus was being attacked and all they could do was scream. Valerie watched as Max looked up toward the roof just as one of those things stared down at her it let out a growl causing the redhead to scream Steve pushed her back and Valerie felt Max's hand grip onto hers.

"you want some? come get this!" Steve screamed but before he could do anything the monster looked towards something and all at once every creature ran away.

"what the fuck just happened?" Valerie asked slowly

"Steve scared 'em off," Dustin said

"no. No way. They're going somewhere,"

they all began to leave the bus but before Valerie could take another step she went crashing to the ground. They all gathered around her worry in their face.